Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Need to send 3 - 5 million emails a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

mibamars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
edited

Last edited:

Sapphiro

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A few months ago I created my own custom script (using PHP) that allows you to automatically send out any number of emails through a while loop. If you're interested in this code do let me know, but the only problem here would be the bandwidth that your host supports. Mine could only send out about 200 mails per day..:smilewinkgrin:​

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A few months ago I created my own custom script (using PHP) that allows you to automatically send out any number of emails through a while loop. If you're interested in this code do let me know, but the only problem here would be the bandwidth that your host supports. Mine could only send out about 200 mails per day..:smilewinkgrin:​

We're talking about 3 million emails per day. Your ISP or web host would block you senseless with as much as 1% of that. To send out this much email you're either a spammer or a political candidate. :D

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how do you get this many subscribers?

Sapphiro

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We're talking about 3 million emails per day. Your ISP or web host would block you senseless with as much as 1% of that. To send out this much email you're either a spammer or a political candidate. :D

or a super huge site like facebook or myspace. Hope you're not directing the message at me btw, cause I'm just saying it's a doable thing as a developer's point of view. I do custom blog cms developments as well.. :D (But anyway mine was just for a client's custom made newsletter). Not touching about being ethical or unethical here. :yes:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
or a super huge site like facebook or myspace. Hope you're not directing the message at me btw, cause I'm just saying it's a doable thing as a developer's point of view. I do custom blog cms developments as well.. :D (But anyway mine was just for a client's custom made newsletter). Not touching about being ethical or unethical here. :yes:

Not directing the comment at you, Sapphiro. Not referring to the programming aspect either, simply that a typical host or ISP would not allow this much bandwidth and type of emails.

theoretical

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't have personal experience but CritSend is fairly highly regarded. There is also a thread at stackoverflow that mentions SocketLabs, PostMark and MailChimp. Then there's Amazon's Simple Email Service (SES) which you could look into as well. Hope this helps.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro does have a point - it looks like you are starting out with this and you need to make sure your host will support this or else they'll block and ban your account for being a spammer - regardless if the email are spam or not. Even large companies like Amazon, Facebook, and YouTube deal with this and need special servers just for email.

Your first action should be to check with your host to make sure they can handle it and if they can't, find one that can.

mibamars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I got a SMTP server from http://www.mailjet.com for the quantity I require, and used it on a program like Atomic Blaster, would that work??

btw, no spam - internet marketing subscribers.

Bernadette

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could you give me your contact information so I can send our proposal with our detailed company information so you will know what we can do for you. I'll be waiting for your mail.

Thanks,
Bernadett

novatheory

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can get a RackSpace cloud account and pop 5 servers (1 hour set up) then run a mailer bouncing from each server every 100 emails or so. Can take you about 4-5 hours of set up coding but then it will only cost you about $1.00 every time you run it. As RackSpace charges you for the time they are running (ON). ;)

So 5 servers up every day you looking around $150 per month. Give or take.

Last edited:

Seanster

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello, thats a nice sized list. But in todays game, most people forget what they opted in and opted out of, so some people will condiser it spam, unless you been sending out a newsletter out for a while. So, you will get flagged. You need someone who has built a network around this business for MANY years. I know someone in the business for 15 years. PM me and I can help you.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Buy alot of unique IP's from several hosts in different countries,.. you will need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom