Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker New Moniker's System

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It went to the card because it double-billed me... but the domain wasn't renewed yet (6+ hours after I ordered it)...
Update: domain was now renewed (19:00 GMT).

Last edited:

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get that but with the old moniker i had 30 some days to renew...with this new system you get no days? has to be renewed on the day of expiry or be deleted?

The default option is to delete them at expiration, no good registrar does this...
I requested them to return all the expired domains so that I can manually renew them if I wish.

This is a nightmare, who is going to pay for our wasted time? I'll have to check 5000+ domains and see how many are missing... I have carpal tunnel syndrome and take this very seriously.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All my deleting domains show days left next to them to renew.

My question is how do I push within Moniker now, anyone know?

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The default option is to delete them at expiration, no good registrar does this...
I requested them to return all the expired domains so that I can manually renew them if I wish.

This is a nightmare, who is going to pay for our wasted time? I'll have to check 5000+ domains and see how many are missing... I have carpal tunnel syndrome and take this very seriously.
tell me about it, i spent all last night trying to figure out which domains are missing. i found out some domains that were previously with moniker are now with networksolutions but still have a bunch of missing expired domains and if i can't renew them soon they will be sold off at snapnames! very upsetting. and now i am spending all day today trying to figure out their system and get some answers about my domains. thanks moniker!

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tell me about it, i spent all last night trying to figure out which domains are missing. i found out some domains that were previously with moniker are now with networksolutions but still have a bunch of missing expired domains and if i can't renew them soon they will be sold off at snapnames! very upsetting. and now i am spending all day today trying to figure out their system and get some answers about my domains. thanks moniker!

Doing the same but with severe wrist pain...
Pre-payment is charging me Euros, not USD.
Did you receive any new account message from N.S. ? I received none, if I have expired, or about to expire, domains there I need to know right now.

mikeyboy

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes, very frustrating. I had expired names I wanted to renew but are no longer there.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What the hell?
- If you have 50 domains about to expired - They will send you 50 emails.
- If you renew 50 domains - They will send you 50 emails.
I renew some of the domains and they automatically renew some of the names that I did not want to renew?

What a MESS. Is the guy doing programming used to work for TARGET?

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I finally figure out my Customer ID and password, and then the site goes down. LOL :D

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just got notice that they trying to renew names I chose to let expire & didn't have auto-renew on them. I assume they are getting bombarded with phone calls because I sure couldn't get anything else but a dial tone or a busy tone.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok two things, I have selected 9 domains to be deleted immediately, was notified I will get conf. once done, so we'll see, time will tell.

Secondly, is this now our account number or ID we use to push or accept domains? Located at the top where our balance is and time remaining before logging out, is THIS our new account number used for pushes?

Customer: XXXXXXXX / XXXXXXXX <---------------- This is our account number or ID ?????????????????????????
Balance: 395.67 USD
Auto Log Out:
30 min

LARRY HELP LOL

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok two things, I have selected 9 domains to be deleted immediately, was notified I will get conf. once done, so we'll see, time will tell.

Secondly, is this now our account number or ID we use to push or accept domains? Located at the top where our balance is and time remaining before logging out, is THIS our new account number used for pushes?

Customer: XXXXXXXX / XXXXXXXX <---------------- This is our account number or ID ?????????????????????????
Auto Log Out:
30 min

LARRY HELP LOL

I think so as it says in the wiki - "On the following page, please enter the 8-digit customer ID of the target account" . I see on one of the invoices they sent to me that my Customer ID is now 8 digits. Moniker is down for me so I can't see in my account at this time.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Josh.....When I spoke with support this morning I asked if my account was now the new number shown and I was told that it was my new account number...

Auto Log Out:
30 min

LARRY HELP LOL

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Larry, yes only the first side of the above is eight digits so...might be it. May push between my other accounts to test it, hate to but may have to try.

I looked at the invoice they sent me today for a renewal and found this... however this 8 digit number does not match the 8 digit number at the top over our balance and log out time :( Maybe someone can confirm if we use the Customer/ID number below we see on invoices for pushes or the one at the top once logged in????

I N V O I C E
Customer-ID. XXXXXXXX

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Josh.....When I spoke with support this morning I asked if my account was now the new number shown and I was told that it was my new account number...

Just finished replying above and then updated and saw your reply.

So it IS the 8 digit number above our balance and log out time, correct? That is the number we use to push?

Thanks bro

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. I can't renew any of my domains. I can't even add them to the shopping cart either in bulk or per domain. I have tried all options including ones mentioned here. No results.
2. The portfolio maxlock is NOT WORKING at all. Zero additional security which is what I paid for. I didn't pay for 350 days of security. I paid for 365 24/7 portfolio security of all my domains.

This is a huge issue and I've sent them 2 support tickets already. I'm pissed. This is NOT how you roll out a new system which is imho the ugliest crap I've ever seen at a registrar. A 14 year old in Pakistan can make something better. This is ridiculous.

This is a tremendous screw up. How can they allow a system for domains which does not allow immediate renewal? WTF who is running the place now?

It might be time to check other registrars.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thing is now I have to spend thousands to transfer my portfolio(s) there out immediately or do it slowly when needing renewal....that will now become my 2014/15 part time job :sarcasm:yaaaaa:sarcasm:

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll see what they do within the next 24 hours but this doesn't look good at all. It will also cost me thousands to transfer but paying for renewal is the same thing anyways. Just some added hassle.

Moniker (KeyDrive) needs to step up asap and explain the situation.

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am glad to have found this post, I thought I was the only one that was frustrated. I almost pulled all of my hair out. The old system wasn't fancy or anything but at least it worked most of the times. Why the heck they have to switch to a new system that doesn't work? Any good moniker alternatives out there that will protect my privacy/legality better than godaddy?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom