Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Organic.us

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Organic.us

For all things...you know...Organic.

Any ideas on value?

Cheers.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would hope at some point that the .us name place would blossom. It hasn't. Now I am afraid that the new name space will bury this extension into nothingness.

In the past, I would have gladly paid 250-350 for this name.

Today, I still like it, great keyword that is very huge in some markets, but the .us takes it down to low xx to barely scratching the xxx figure.

In order to compete with all the noise out there regarding all the new names, this name would need to be developed and promoted and branded to get noticed.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would hope at some point that the .us name place would blossom. It hasn't. Now I am afraid that the new name space will bury this extension into nothingness.

Today, I still like it, great keyword that is very huge in some markets, but the .us takes it down to low xx to barely scratching the xxx figure.

In order to compete with all the noise out there regarding all the new names, this name would need to be developed and promoted and branded to get noticed.

I second that opinion. I have some .US fading away the value .... it hurts but true.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wold still gladly pay $250-350 for it ;)

Last edited:

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most of the new extensions are garbage - plain and simple imho. I doubt that there will be much impact, other than good geos. Even then, there will be a localized interest. What I do believe will affect the .us extension even more is the fact of the surrender of the internet (icann) to the multi-national group of whomever. I have worries concerning many domains that I own with great keywords in other cctld's and non-.com tld's. It is entirely possible that .us could end up as somewhat of a safe haven for us based businesses. The .com could (would) remain to be deemed "safe". How this all plays out is open for speculation and discussion, but only time will tell.
The domain (organic.us) is a primo .us domain and quite valuable. I would not accept any less than $5000 and again, would hope for more - much more.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Speaking from a reseller's point of view, I know the least it's worth and I know the most it's worth.

I've been offered mid-$xxxx but turned it down. That I think is the low end.

I've also put it on the Great Domains auction last year. In order for Sedo to put it in the auction, they must believe the domain name is sellable, and that the price it's offered at is realistic.

The price Sedo and I worked out was $35,500.

It didn't sell.

So that, I'm assuming, is the high end for resellers.

The value, then, is somewhere in-between.

End-users, however, are a completely different story.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pie in the sky value - 25k+
Realistic value - 5-10k

Great name :cool:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for Whodadog to chime in. No appraisal thread can be comprehensive without him :)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah the owner gave information about it to start with so according to him now that means it is not worth anything! :lol:

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it was a mistake turning down mid $x,xxx.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I love the name. I will offer you $200 right now if you care to sell. Worth more though. Patience is a virtue. Develop the sucker or sell it to me. Cheers.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
;)
You add a couple of zeroes to the end of your number (without the decimal), then we'll talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators