Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Potential LL .com Stolen !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep. same guy!

He also stole a LL.com from someone else and it helped show he has a history of stealing and like most theives is not clever enough to change emails lol

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I knew the guy was on a slippery road. Now his name is tarnished for good.
He also messed with the wrong people.
Let's hope this will serve as a deterrent to other wannabe domain thieves. Scammers get caught because they are dumb.

Unfortunately the owner of QY.com is still nowhere to be found.
Well done JP.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
And now this thread is evidence for the authorities, especially the faking of "danielg". Good job, JP.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Arco, I believe the victims of p2p ( Leslie/Albert and Marc ) know of this thread and taken note ;)

june

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear Forum Members,

As you can imagine I've been inundated with reporters concerning the p2p.com arrest, so this has been the first time of the day I've had to check in on this forum. As you know, I'm not really a regular here, however I feel the need to write to all of you who may be curious about my situation with p2p.com. It has been ongoing since '07, and a long time in the making...I finally have some satisfaction now.

Utmost and foremost, I'd like to thank, from the bottom of my heart, the LegendaryJP, who was kind enough to offer generous amounts of his time, support and encouragement through this whole mess; despite the fact that he barely knew me. His wisdom bolstered my fortitude on days that I didn't think I could continue this case; it was extremely exhausting and draining, and it took its toll on me. Josh, thank you a million times over!

I'd also like to thank Richard Lau who greatly assisted me (off forum) and generously spent hours talking with me also offering me supurb guidance! Many many thanks.

There was one player in all of this who unfortunately (I don't know why) did not get mentioned in any of the news articles, hopefully he will. That was my attorney, Duncan Cameron, [email protected] Phone:646-346-1264. Duncan spent hours with us combing through years of facts and evidence I had compiled. His patience only exceeded by his ability to thoroughly understand our situation, the law involved, and what needed to be done. He is quick, sharp and strong, and as our case is nowhere over yet, Duncan will continue to be our lead counsel.

Ellen Rony played a pivotal role in this whole mess. She was our expert who helped me to piece the puzzle together and also spent hours listening to my thoughts and concerns and my lamenting as well! My hat goes off to her; she is bright and articulate and does her job well.

Last but not least by far, is the hero of this story; Det. Sgt. John Gorman of the New Jersey Cyber Crimes Unit. When I pleaded my story to him, he got it immediately...he understood the ramifications of a domain theft, even though traditionally his unit had never concentrated on this type of crime before. His overwhelming desire for justice forged him into unchartered territory; there had been no other arrests of this kind; and he put a lot of sweat and hard labor into this case. Without him and his unit, I would not have had any justice at all. There is no finer unit. Bravo!

The good news: I have had one of my domains returned; drugoverdose.com. Upon seeing and hearing our case Monte Cahn of Moniker with help from Bari Meyerson, put the name back into my account. I am most grateful to them, and the losing owner, who generously agreed to return my domaini! Their decision to do this made me feel that there are registrars (and domainers) who do the right thing and consider the victims and what they've been through. Thank you all!

Also very cooperative was DNForum! I can't tell you how much time they spent with me doing the right thing! Thank you all!

I always felt from the beginning of my theft, that I had to pursue it in a way different than traditionally had been done before. Yes, I have an ongoing Civil case pending, but I felt a very strong conviction to challenge the criminal system to play a part in this. The time has come where domain ownership deserves more respect. If your car is stolen in the US, it will be returned to you and the thief prosecuted. That was my intent behind all these years of effort. I felt that if I could create new law, and new standards by setting a precedent, it could possibly help someone else in their time of need. I don't wish this on anyone. It's been an absolute nightmare.

Thank you all for listening and to those forum members who gave me a pat on the back and many good wishes at the beginning of my theft. I can't tell you how many nights this forum somewhat comforted me amidst a backdrop of stress and uncertainty.

All my best,
Lesli

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was no problem at all, I enjoyed helping and working with someone as nice as yourself and your husband.

Your thanks is greatly appreciated, it means a lot to me.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear Forum Members,

As you can imagine I've been inundated with reporters concerning the p2p.com arrest, so this has been the first time of the day I've had to check in on this forum. As you know, I'm not really a regular here, however I feel the need to write to all of you who may be curious about my situation with p2p.com. It has been ongoing since '07, and a long time in the making...I finally have some satisfaction now.

Utmost and foremost, I'd like to thank, from the bottom of my heart, the LegendaryJP, who was kind enough to offer generous amounts of his time, support and encouragement through this whole mess; despite the fact that he barely knew me. His wisdom bolstered my fortitude on days that I didn't think I could continue this case; it was extremely exhausting and draining, and it took its toll on me. Josh, thank you a million times over!

I'd also like to thank Richard Lau who greatly assisted me (off forum) and generously spent hours talking with me also offering me supurb guidance! Many many thanks.

There was one player in all of this who unfortunately (I don't know why) did not get mentioned in any of the news articles, hopefully he will. That was my attorney, Duncan Cameron, [email protected] Phone:646-346-1264. Duncan spent hours with us combing through years of facts and evidence I had compiled. His patience only exceeded by his ability to thoroughly understand our situation, the law involved, and what needed to be done. He is quick, sharp and strong, and as our case is nowhere over yet, Duncan will continue to be our lead counsel.

Ellen Rony played a pivotal role in this whole mess. She was our expert who helped me to piece the puzzle together and also spent hours listening to my thoughts and concerns and my lamenting as well! My hat goes off to her; she is bright and articulate and does her job well.

Last but not least by far, is the hero of this story; Det. Sgt. John Gorman of the New Jersey Cyber Crimes Unit. When I pleaded my story to him, he got it immediately...he understood the ramifications of a domain theft, even though traditionally his unit had never concentrated on this type of crime before. His overwhelming desire for justice forged him into unchartered territory; there had been no other arrests of this kind; and he put a lot of sweat and hard labor into this case. Without him and his unit, I would not have had any justice at all. There is no finer unit. Bravo!

The good news: I have had one of my domains returned; drugoverdose.com. Upon seeing and hearing our case Monte Cahn of Moniker with help from Bari Meyerson, put the name back into my account. I am most grateful to them, and the losing owner, who generously agreed to return my domaini! Their decision to do this made me feel that there are registrars (and domainers) who do the right thing and consider the victims and what they've been through. Thank you all!

Also very cooperative was DNForum! I can't tell you how much time they spent with me doing the right thing! Thank you all!

I always felt from the beginning of my theft, that I had to pursue it in a way different than traditionally had been done before. Yes, I have an ongoing Civil case pending, but I felt a very strong conviction to challenge the criminal system to play a part in this. The time has come where domain ownership deserves more respect. If your car is stolen in the US, it will be returned to you and the thief prosecuted. That was my intent behind all these years of effort. I felt that if I could create new law, and new standards by setting a precedent, it could possibly help someone else in their time of need. I don't wish this on anyone. It's been an absolute nightmare.

Thank you all for listening and to those forum members who gave me a pat on the back and many good wishes at the beginning of my theft. I can't tell you how many nights this forum somewhat comforted me amidst a backdrop of stress and uncertainty.

All my best,
Lesli

I'm really happy for you...with patience and intelligence the justice works.

I hope you can will own again every asset these criminals rob you.
Good luck for your future businesses and thanks to start a new trend for us...it's time for these internet criminals to go in jail.

P.s. I'm proud to be a member of DNF...a place with some great helpful and honest people.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice work :yo:

hope all goes well with the rest of the case.

thanks for updating us.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice work :yo:

hope all goes well with the rest of the case.

thanks for updating us.

Ditto to that. And thank you Lesli for your warm thoughts on the community here! As well a big kudos to JP and all involved in the recovery of the stolen (intellectual) property. Most of the domainer community knows that DNF is the most professional & honest group of people in the business, yet a few bad eggs will alwys manage to slip in upon occasion.

Mods, perhaps this should be in legal?

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really nice to see this go down. A precedence is set.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats to the owners!

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you have any update on QY.COM ?

Yes, returned.

The owner was extremely difficult to contact and there was another name tied to this teft but Daniel never switched the dns so the guy never knew about as it was on loan to someone.

Any way the big one was returned and I believe Lesilie ( the p2p victim ) can confirm that as well. This theft showed Daniel had a pattern of stealing and he was stupid enough to do so and again post it on ebay :rolleyes:

He fell hook line and sinker when I posed as a buyer. He sent me ALL his info for payment etc, confirming it was him. Once we had that we knew, the ebay account and his email was also enough but he continued to call himself the real owners name and not pass it off as a new owner. blah blah was a semi long story but again he lost :)

june

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JP, not sure what you mean by "big one". You mean p2p? Qy.com was returned, and I actually spoke with Mr. Ginn. That was quite a fiasco. Actually, it deserved an academy award, no?

As for p2p.com, sadly, it has not been returned to us.

As for profreedom.com, sadly, it's still sitting in the accused's account. I cannot fathom why.

There is good news though: Drugoverdose.com was returned to me a few days ago. The owner (whom I cannot mention), simply gave it back to me. If he's reading this, I'd like to thank him as he is a hero in all of this too...moreso than I can say.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
proud of you JP, great work, and hope June, you get all your domains back real soon
these slimebags need to be taken as seriously by the police as bank robbers imho

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JP....you da MAN!!!!......

Lesli.....so glad to hear that this fiasco is coming to an end.....:)

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leslie, IO ment to say QY was the big one for Mr. Ginn his small one was .org, remember :)

But Daniel never changed the dns on that as it was pointed to a site ( maybe friends of Ginn ).

Either way, you managed to help someone else while going through it yourself and built your case further. Leslie on top being a victim was someones hero too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom