Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Reseller market hits all time low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Resellers have always been tight wads, now they are even bigger tight wads because of the state of the economy... It's not so much they are hurting, their simply capitalizing on a weak economy, hoping to find sellers who are strapped for cash and desperate to sell.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that..

I mean, the "smart" resellers are getting good deals left and right right about now. So why would they change and pay 2, 3 and 5 times that amount to a domainer for a name of similar quality ?

It would make no sense to.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll just give one example. And I will do my best to post the name without it getting spidered in search engines.

okay, imagine the word "group".. Then imagine the word "media" .. Now put the word media in front of the "g" word and you get MG (dot) calm.. Not the two letter obviously, but the two words then the dotcom.

Now, take a look.. We bought the name for low xxxx last week.. For you domainers out there, it does get good traffic, but look at how many results it gets in search engines-

http://ca.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22media+group%22&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8

That's over 180 million results WITH quotes. Forget about the traffic the name gets for a second (although it's good traffic), but look at how many companies use that term in a string in their URL's and company domain names.. I researched before I bought the name, and there are literally THOUSANDS of companies who use the term as the main component of their business models (and the main component of their url's).

Domaining is a numbers game people. It's all about the numbers. The most important number is that we already have offers up to $25k from companies just a week after we bought the name for low $xxxx.. Overall, Three offers over $20k already (just in the beginning stages) of contactng companies with very well done emails and telephone calls to end users. With plenty more interest coming in daily from said companies who use that term. The name will eventually go for much higher once we're done.

So if anyone doubts that you can make a lot of money in this business, in this day in age, you are simply nuts. PERIOD.

Of course end users are buying premium two word generics. lol. If your story is true, I think you would have gotten higher offers if the economy was better off.

Anyway, this thread is mainly about the high and lows, mostly lows, of the reseller market.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of course end users are buying premium two word generics.

Again, you totally missed the point.. You intimated earlier asking why didn't end users buy such domains before I (or other domainers) got a hold of them.

So if you consider that a "premium" two word generic (as you implied it was), then why didn't you pick it up for low $xxxx like I just did ? Hmmm, maybe you are not working hard enough, as I stated earlier.

But instead you are complaining how you aren't making good money nowadays. And instead you state total BS by saying that one must have paid a lot for such names in the first place.

why did the end users not contact the previous domain owners?

That's how simpletons think.

Of course end users are buying premium two word generics. lol.

yup
It is obvious this business is mostly good for people with deep pockets, unless you are somewhat lucky, which I am neither. Otherwise this business can be very annoying and a waste of time.

BS. It's not so much about luck, it's a lot more about effort and common sense.

I have seen my end user sales go down to zero this past year

With your outlook, I am not surprised in the least to hear that.

If you have domains that are getting good offers on a regular basis you must have paid alot for them in the first place.

The last quote there couldn't be further from the truth. Because I do it all the time.

Anyway, this thread is mainly about the high and lows, mostly lows, of the reseller market.

Of course now you want to go back to the main topic, now after all the BS you spewed in this thread about not being able to buy premium names for cheap, and your faulty end-user outlook.

too predictable.

Last edited:

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have to earn the right to be successful.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Again, you totally missed the point.. You intimated earlier asking why didn't end users buy such domains before I (or other domainers) got a hold of them.

So if you consider that a "premium" two word generic (as you implied it was), then why didn't you pick it up for low $xxxx like I just did ? Hmmm, maybe you are not working hard enough, as I stated earlier.

But instead you are complaining how you aren't making good money nowadays. And instead you state total BS by saying that one must have paid a lot for such names in the first place.

That's how simpletons think.

yup

BS. It's not so much about luck, it's a lot more about effort and common sense.

With your outlook, I am not surprised in the least to hear that.

The last quote there couldn't be further from the truth. Because I do it all the time.

Of course now you want to go back to the main topic, now after all the BS you spewed in this thread about not being able to buy premium names for cheap, and your faulty end-user outlook.

too predictable.

People like you are whats wrong with this business. You have a bit of success and like to spend alot of time telling others about it.

You have not said anything new, and you have contradicted yourself enough already. Maybe you can stop being a prick and keep the insults out of my thread.

This thread is about the reseller market. Obviously you have never bought or sold a domain on DNForum, so you can stop posting in this thread.

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
People like you are whats wrong with this business.

Oh really ? I find doomsayers like yourself as one of the things wrong with this business currently.

Moreover, I'm not the one starting threads to sell below average mediocre names for $xxx, and I'm not the one bumping such threads 10 times eventually lowering BINS to almost nothing showing total desperation to sell (as you do here). You want to talk about what's wrong with this business ?

You have a bit of success and like to spend alot of time telling others about it.

just "a bit" ? heh

Obviously you have never bought or sold a domain on DNForum

Actually I have purchased names from people here. More than one.

You have not said anything new, and you have contradicted yourself enough already.

How have I contradicted myself here ? The only person contradicting things here is you.

Maybe you can stop being a prick and keep the insults out of my thread.

"Your thread" ? Since when ? This is a public forum. I can post where I choose. If you are going to post fallacies then you open yourself up to criticism. You brought it upon yourself with ridiculous statements.

If you were smart, you'd look upon it as "constructive" criticism.

so you can stop posting in this thread.

How childish... See previous reply to previous quote.

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll just give one example. And I will do my best to post the name without it getting spidered in search engines.

okay, imagine the word "group".. Then imagine the word "media" .. Now put the word media in front of the "g" word and you get MG (dot) calm.. Not the two letter obviously, but the two words then the dotcom.

Now, take a look.. We bought the name for low xxxx last week.. For you domainers out there, it does get good traffic, but look at how many results it gets in search engines-

http://ca.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22media+group%22&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8

That's over 180 million results WITH quotes. Forget about the traffic the name gets for a second (although it's good traffic), but look at how many companies use that term in a string in their URL's and company domain names.. I researched before I bought the name, and there are literally THOUSANDS of companies who use the term as the main component of their business models (and the main component of their url's).

Domaining is a numbers game people. It's all about the numbers. The most important number is that we already have offers up to $25k from companies just a week after we bought the name for low $xxxx.. Overall, Three offers over $20k already (just in the beginning stages) of contactng companies with very well done emails and telephone calls to end users. With plenty more interest coming in daily from said companies who use that term. The name will eventually go for much higher once we're done.

So if anyone doubts that you can make a lot of money in this business, in this day in age, you are simply nuts. PERIOD.
Thats great if you really can do this over and over again. However the example you use, isn't the best. Looking at those results, there are only a few who are actually called "m g", but rather the majority use "xxx m g" so I can't imagine them buying the name. As for traffic, 10mil alexa isn't really great traffic. I'm sure not every purchase turns into a successful sale. Most people don't have the balls to call companies because, well, to cold call a company and say you want tens of thousands of dollars for something they have previously never have thought about purchasing is a longshot and could end up quite badly if they are familiar with wipo and tm's.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, three pages of complicated formulas and answers?

It is so very simple.

You have to have something someone else wants.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Do you even contribute to the forum? Even your itrader is at zero.

Contradictions? You mentioned using places like afternic to sell domains and then you said that you only contact end users. The other post I found contradictive about unsolicited offers was from Poker, sorry I thought you were the same person, lol.

Wow, three pages of complicated formulas and answers?

It is so very simple.

You have to have something someone else wants.

This thread is about the decline in buying and selling on the forum.

Last edited:

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Contradictions? You mentioned using places like afternic to sell domains and then you said that you only contact end users.

Please point out and quote where I said that I use places like afternic to sell names. Good luck, you will never find that quote from me.

As a matter of fact, I distinctly stated (in this thread) that I don't place our names for sale in the aftermarket domain sites like afternic, sedo etc.

Again, you totally missed the point I was trying to make when I mentioned afternic. Your reading comprehension skills need some work bro. Read it again.

The other post I found contradictive about unsolicited offers was from Poker, sorry I thought you were the same person,

Another example of your reading comprehension.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread is about the decline in buying and selling on the forum.
Umm, bro -

"Reseller market hits all time low

The reseller market on the forums has hit an all time low, it seems. Browsing the forum seeing only lowball offers and single digit bids. Even premium domains are not getting offers. This is after a slow decline in domain sales for most of the year..."

Does not the statement "You have to have something someone else wants." apply to reselling?

Reselling anything?

If you have a car that nobody wants, are you not reselling? a house? a diamond ring?

If no one wants it, it is not reselling.

Did I not put it in words that you want to see?

I ain't selling squat on the forum so I have not offered something any body wants. (I am selling via PM and off the forum.)

How would you like me to say, You have to have something someone else wants before you sell anything - something.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Umm, bro -

"Reseller market hits all time low

The reseller market on the forums has hit an all time low, it seems. Browsing the forum seeing only lowball offers and single digit bids. Even premium domains are not getting offers. This is after a slow decline in domain sales for most of the year..."

Does not the statement "You have to have something someone else wants." apply to reselling?

Reselling anything?

If you have a car that nobody wants, are you not reselling? a house? a diamond ring?

If no one wants it, it is not reselling.

Did I not put it in words that you want to see?

I ain't selling squat on the forum so I have not offered something any body wants. (I am selling via PM and off the forum.)

How would you like me to say, You have to have something someone else wants before you sell anything - something.

Actually I have had some decent sales on the forum recently with some of the best domains in the lower price range on the forum. However, there is much less buying and selling on the forum regardless of the quality of domains being offered. Even the best domains on the forum are not receiving nearly as much offers.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually I have had some decent sales on the forum recently with some of the best domains in the lower price range on the forum. However, there is much less buying and selling on the forum regardless of the quality of domains being offered. Even the best domains on the forum are not receiving nearly as much offers.
If you want to buy a house or a car, are you only going to look at one?

There are tremendous domains available and tremendous deals on and off the forum.

If I see a good deal I jump on it immediately.

No discussion.

No I'll get back to you later BS.

BAM!

Defining a good deal and a good price is what makes you turn into a buyer.

So look at it from that perspective.

Do you have a good domain?

Do you have it priced to move?

You have confused the hell out of me going back and forth on the no one is buying and I have had some decent sales on the forum recently.

Which one is it?

Why even have this thread?

Another example of your reading comprehension.
Lord, someone read the same book.

There is indeed a huge gap between reading and reading comprehension.

Just as hearing and listening.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
While you two were taking a pissing contest, I just picked my next $xx,xxx sale from the namejet drops :D

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domaining is great. Even though the reseller market is at a dip right now, it doesn't mean that there aren't still an ever growing amount of end-users out there.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Actually I have purchased names from people here. More than one.

Perhaps you can explain why your iTrader rating does not reflect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators