Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Rockisco - step up to the plate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rockisco - I have been made aware that you are trying to charge a 'handling fee' for a name that you sold at the auction last night. Sorry but we don't play that game here brother. You either play by the rules or you don't play at all. This is not eBay - and there are NO handling charges or transfer charges added to the price.

You agreed to the rules when you signed up for the auction - and now you must honor the deal that was made.

I expect you to contact the buyer immediately - and waste no more time in transferring the name to him.

Please take care of your business now. Thank you!

Upvote 0

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2003 You ungrateful winch. You're crying over 10 ****ing dollars and I've spent thousands just so you could have a chance to buy and sell domain names at a live auction.

And just because I didn't think to add a rule preventing transfer fees until after someone tries to charge a transfer fee, I'm "supporting a crooks and cheaters".

Domain Summit 2024

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The point is, this is not ebay. When MikeMike won HQ.org for $600, did the seller ask for $10 transfer fee?

No.

Rocksico did that because his domain sold for $4 ! So he wanted to cover his loss by passing the buck on to me.

So instead of slapping his arm, you are slapping mine? Who's the idiot now?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2003 Say goodbye to DNForum.com. I don't care for you to get 1 penny's benefit from the time and money I put into this site.

95degrees

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Get this through your thick skull. The rule was added after the auction. If you don't like what I've done, leave. Don't bid. Don't list and shut up.

etc. etc.

I absolutely cannot believe the unprofessionalism displayed in handling a situation where a buyer had a complaint which seemed understandable, as misunderstandings are inevitable at times. I would have been upset myself. But I really was shocked at how the administrators of this forum handled the situation!!! Amazing.

Isn't it alright to air our complaints? Isn't this an open forum? No curse words were used or inferred - well not by the buyer at least.

And it almost makes one wonder who called who "idiot"?

I feel very disappointed and disillusioned reading the way you guys handled this.

So did anyone get banned ???

2003 You ungrateful winch. You're crying over 10 ****ing dollars and I've spent thousands just so you could have a chance to buy and sell domain names at a live auction.

Just because a great service is provided free doesn't mean one should compromise our personal principles and standards. Maybe the buyer WAS grateful for the service - doesn't mean he doesn't feel cheated!

My 2 cents is that it should have been handled in a mature, civil manner or the forum could get a very bad name. I still can't believe what I read.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2003
I doubt he will respond. He made it clear to me that his auctions on ebay all come with a $10 handling fee. Which is fine - I do the same thing - but we are not on ebay. I never charge handling fees on DNF, or other forums for that matter. An auction is an auction. I won 1suv.com for $4 flat and he refuses to sell.

Since Rockisco seems to not honor his word and wants to have his reputation hurt, let him have it. I would not buy from him on ebay either, username is "Rockisco" http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...s&userid=rockisco&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1

For a high roller he seems to be a penny pincher with no understanding or honor.

2003, your reputation as a "seller" on ebay is profound, rare and something to be admired. You've worked hard & faithfully to build the great feedback from your buyers. Keep up the great work.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95degrees
My 2 cents is that it should have been handled in a mature, civil manner or the forum could get a very bad name. I still can't believe what I read.

I don't think our current society could have handled the old days back in the early 1900's. You called things as you saw them and didn't worry about the fallout. How things have changed.

All I saw were two people disagreeing with each other. There wasn't any violence. No one threatened bodily harm. As a business owner you call it as you see it for various reasons. I think that is all that happened here. In business there are going to be people who get under your skin. That is a fact.

I think after "gregr" explained this policy changed, everything should have taken a positive tone. It didn't. So get over it. If you don't like it then as you are allowed to do here voice your opinions, but don't get all whiny on us---leave that to the the "Dr Phil" forum.

Keep in mind as we go through the "next phases" of these live auctions certainly there has to be some "wiggle room". I think that is key for survival. If someone isn't lickety split on transfer. Give them some time. If they don't sell to you for $4....Don't get too bent out of shape We'll beat them up pretty good on this board. Leave that to us. Rockisco as far as I'm concerned screwed himself. However so did "2003".

izopod

95degrees

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
in that case - why don't you stop being whiny yourself?

I rarely speak or give my opinions - just come here to do business mostly. This really IS shocking to me. THAT IS MY OPINION STILL. And it ain't the 1900's.

We all want the auction to work. It is a great idea. I would help in any way I could. But my comment was about how this was HANDLED by the admins. Just because people have a good thing going doesn't negate the fact that there are some priniples of business that remain the same for a reason.

I had something to say and did. That's why its called a forum.

And out of curiosity - did anyone get banned after all?

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just come here to do business mostly.

No need to say anymore.

izopod

95degrees

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stick with the point of the thread. You're trying to twist things. My point was that I don't sling words nor make comments as loosely as many people do. I saw a reason to state my comment as I felt strongly about THE WAY THE ADMINS HANDLED THIS. It's like calling the cops for a robber and they arrest you instead.

I enjoy the the Domains for Sale section as well as the Domains Wanted section i.e. Business. Isn't that a major part and attraction of this forum? I am sure the admins aren't all here just for the fun of it. A major part many people are here? I also comment if things are of interest etc. THAT IS WHAT I MEANT.

Anyway I agree with you on 1 thing- get over it. I have work to do.

Namepopper - did anyone get banned?

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stik with the point of the thread.

I think my point has been made. After you've posted here awhile you'll see my point more clearly :D

izopod

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
let It Be... Let It Be..
2003 is big enough and stong enough to Let it Be..

We move on "Because We Can"

'-)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly
let It Be... Let It Be..
Lyrics to "Let it Be"

The Beatles (Lennon/McCartney)

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree,
There will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
Let it be, let it be. Yeah

And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Let it be, let it be.
Let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, i'm about to write my opinion, but I think I should let the lyrics end the thread :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jh3
How about a vote to ban ModemGal?

Typical ... JH3 has his head in the sand, and can't move forward!
Oh well.
Good Luck.

Edit: JH3 is officially on my very short "Ignore list". Bye.

Gail

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a ruler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom