Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

cctld So where did the Sibername Security thread go???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Check your Subscribed threads under the User panel. It's a glitch of the new posts behavior.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry it's gone period.

I wasn't subscribed to it.

But I just checked my posts showing at the user cp and there is nothing there.

I've also been PM'd by another member saying it's gone.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe Sibername convinced (aka threatened) Adam to censor the publics outcry against its treatment of its customers.

You said you have proof. If you and others have proof, there is "nothing" Siber can do accept further bury themselves publicly by threatening to sue everyone that opens their mouth about their accused ignorant (and possibly illegal) actions.

I'm sure just because that post disappeared, we haven't heard the last about Siber and their theft inviting security flaws.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Search for "Sibername security" on Google. It's the first 2 results. Then view the cached version. I would not post the links here because the thread was closed.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The last post I saw was by bulent claiming adam was going against the cira policys by displaying an rss feed of domains for sale in which the OP of the sale thread offered to give information on how anyone can purchase a .ca name. I think Bulent mistook the generated feed to be Adam actually indicating that he would find a workaround the cira requirements.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This of course is ironic because Bulent himself has skirted CIRA policy. Now he was able to oppress Adam Dicker into pulling the thread, even though Sibername was not able to answer the charges.

I will repeat this again: Bulent - call your lawyer and give him some money to cover your costs. Then give me his name and number so I can speak with him directly, because I have e-mail from you personally that says you did transfer domains in the name of our client to other people, and I have been given five CIRA domain registration notices which show that name, and which are not in the name of the registrant now, and which show the actual registration date. I also have a copy of the credit card receipt for those domains.

If you do not answer me on this, I will provide the domains here each day for the next five days and proceed accordingly.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are legal mechanisms for doing business with out of the country registrants and there is nothing illegal about offering such services.

But my guess is Adam pulled the thread because of Bulents comments about the issue.

Maybe we ought to take Bulents advice and go over to the forum he suggested and have this conversation there :popcorn:

What was the name of the place again?

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam:

- You are a Forum owner. Your answers do not suit to a person running this big Forum. I know for you the money is like the sand on a beach. Luckily we live in Canada and your money does not make you superior than me.

- What you say on EU and TBR is baseless and you can not prove any of these.

- Gordon. Taking our license for Sibername.com . I can only smile. I have the right to choose who to serve and not to serve and after the disappojntment i have tasted thanks to you I have decided not to server you and suggested you to move your domains. I did not say i will block your domains. I said your account. As you know I can not do it under the CIRA system.

The other guys stopped using us many years ago. Well . Thank you for your update and happy to see you guys are still content with your lives.

You guys should know we have done so far everything right and you can not find anything against us. Some small things might have happened like first days of new TBR system we have accepted applications for the domains even the clients did not order them before the TBR. But at the end it was an auction and you guys could have offered higher bids and obtain these domains.

Anyways. I wish you guys a good luck and again would be happy if you completely transfer out your left domains.

Ha Adam. Before I forgot.

It is against the CIRA policies to offer what you offer on your web site

http://www.adamdicker.com/?s=sibername

*$226 in August so far / $11 day avg / Offers from 6 months revenue - Divxtube.ca (http://www.adamdicker.com/226-in-au...ffers-from-6-months-revenue-divxtubeca.html)*

*Registrar:* Sibername
*Domain:* divxtube.ca
(If you aren’t from Canada, I can help you own this .ca domain)
*Traffic:* 550 - 750 /daily
*Revenue:* $11/day average or $330/monthly
*Stats:*

You know you can not be a proxy for people and allow them register domains through your or your affiliates identity.

Just a friendly reminder.

You mean that?

Hey Bulent - I can prove the TBR matter because we now have copies of the registrations for five domains and a copy of your own e-mail in which you, Bulent, say that you sold the domains to others and obviously then transferred them to those third parties.

You made those transfers without the permission of the registrant.

Even though you deleted the Sibername ticket with the comments there is still a copy waiting for you.

If you still want to talk tough and pressure people to wipe away any trace of what you did, give me the name and telephone number of your lawyer.

Strangely, Bulent came back and removed the link to the other forum which he mentioned!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK another Registrant was kind enough to send me pictures of his account showing DropWizard domains "UNDER OUR DROPWIZARD COMPANY NAME) showing in his account with full management privileges. I have pictures of that too.

So here are the risk parameters.

1/ If you sold a domain/s to another registrant at Sibername and there was a new registrant profile created for the transaction that new profile may continue to associate with your account and the domain/s will be in both accounts. The old owner will have full management privileges.

2/ If a domain expires at Sibername and drops in the TBR and is picked up by Sibername for a client that domain can continue to associate with the old account as well as YOUR account. Again the old owner continues to have full management privileges.

Obviously #2 is the huge risk as we have personally picked up hundreds of TBR domains and you can bet a lot of them were Sibername clients. This means the risk to us (collectively) as registrants could extend to thousands of domains that have been picked up in the drops in the last three years.

I believe CIRA should step in and allow the transfer out of all domains to new registrars at Sibernames cost for the transactions. But first a compare script should be run to eliminate duplicate names in registrants accounts!

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is unlikely "do nothing" CIRA could or would force a transfer, but they should immediately do an emergency update of the flag that allows approval of changes at the registrar level. This would prevent the Sibername ongoing sloppy operations from further risking damage to registrations held in the Sibername and Bulent personal RARs.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is unlikely "do nothing" CIRA could or would force a transfer, but they should immediately do an emergency update of the flag that allows approval of changes at the registrar level. This would prevent the Sibername ongoing sloppy operations from further risking damage to registrations held in the Sibername and Bulent personal RARs.

That occurred to me too. If you've authorized Sibername to undertake transactions without CIRA control panel approval names could be transferred etc etc all without registrant email notification and approval.

CIRA will have no choice but to do something. This is too big a potential mess and I intend on writing the board of directors meeting and laying it out publicly. It would be hard for them to ignore then. Maybe a news release also!

And hey CIRA told ICAAN to take a hike over the .com contract situation so there must be some balls somewhere in the organization.

Rebel.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That occurred to me too. If you've authorized Sibername to undertake transactions without CIRA control panel approval names could be transferred etc etc all without registrant email notification and approval.

anyone concerned about this need only to login to their CIRA accoount at CIRA.ca and reset that flag to no. The change without approval flag is something you have complete control over from within your registrant profile.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No - The change without approval flag is something you should have complete control over from within your registrant profile. Not every registrar allows you as registrant to even see that!

Rebel.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You misunderstood what I posted, I'm not saying you have control over the flag from within your registrar account, I'm saying you have control over the flag if you login to your registrant profile at www.CIRA.ca.

Regardless of who your registrar is and what functionality they provide you everyone can change this setting by logging into CIRA directly.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you also misunderstood. The flag is set at the outset with the first registration or creation of the ID itself, and some registrars set it without the user requesting it. Once it is set you cannot then log in at CIRA and simply change it.

In other words, Sibername and Bulent will do what they want!

What is a "Change without approval Registrar"?

A "change without approval Registrar" is a Registrar that can make important changes to your domain name registration without you having to approve those changes with CIRA. For example, they can help you transfer a domain name to someone else or update your administrative contact email address without you having to login to your CIRA Registrant account and approve the change. A Registrar only has this power if you have given them your permission. This is usually done during the CIRA confirmation process when you first register your domain name.

If you have more than one domain name in your Registrant account, you are allowed to have more than one Registrar, but only one of your Registrars is allowed to have this power. This is your "Change without approval Registrar". If you see "None" in this field, it means that you have not given this power to any of the Registrars listed in your Registrant account. If you do not have a Change without approval Registrar and you want to have one, contact your Registrar and let them know that you want to give them this permission.

If you want to withdraw your permission for your "Change without approval Registrar" to make important changes to your registration, without you having to approve the changes with CIRA, simply contact the Registrar and let them know.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never knew what a CWA registrar was, but I checked my Cira account and have none specified, thank goodness. Don't see why I'd ever want to have a CWA registrar anyway.

Perhaps your registrar would like it though!:eek:

Rebel.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My mistake, as I work for a registrar I am in CIRA's system regularly and have seen where the CWA flag is set. I wrongly assumed CIRA would be smart enough to let the registrant control such a powerful function. I guess CIRa never thought about registrars abusing this function.

CWA can be very useful, if you have ever lost access to the admin email listed in CIRa's whois and have had to complete their MCAC process you know how painful it is. CWA means you do not have to go through this special process if the information in the whois becomes outdated.

My suggestion to anyone that has CWA set and does not want it, register one domain at another registrar using the same registrant profile and have that registrar set the CWA flag to no.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cira emailed me to tell me that they have investigated the "security problem" and that Sibername is now working diligently to "correct" it.

Not a word about what they are doing and some reassurance that it will fix the problem. Or any penalties to the registrar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom