Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Stay Away From Dynadot!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When doing bulk seraches for available names, make sure you stay away from DYNADOT. In the last few days I had few names I queried about (that were avaibale at the time) registered by somebody else withing 24-48 hrs. (including some by that notorious serial registrant "Mrs. Jello" from this board).

Dynadot is obviously selling their query logs to the likes of that slimy character, so beware.

Domain Summit 2024

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well...it happen also to me...and it happen also to me with other registrars.....

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've yet to find a place where this does not happen. In my opinion, this is the worst issue affecting the domain industry today, yet it doesn't get the attention it deserves. I've lost thousands of dollars and countless hours of research to this issue over the last 3 years. This practice is ultra unethical, horrible for the growth of the industry, and it needs to STOP asap.

In just one incident, united-domains.de snapped up a dozen available regs out from under me early last year, a shady move that cost me minimum X,XXX. I deal out life long boycotts to any company or individual that burns me on this issue, and would suggest others do the same.

GoDaddy used to do this as well, and were extremely blatant about it. I think the bad press they received on it however, finally slowed them down a bit. The domain industry shouldn't be like the wild west, governing bodies need to step in finally and put a stop to bad business practices [this issue, reverse domain hijacking, etc]. I'm getting really tired of f@cked up issues like this in the domain industry never being addressed, it's really getting old.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
these practices should be against the freakin law or something- there is like NO governing body to control all the crap that goes on and it is just stupid.
i notice more and more people are posting auctions at sedo too, with NO bids- but yet sedo claims the "brokers" are very very picky about names going in with no bids- and some of the names are real crap- come on now-

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ICANNT do anything about it because...well, the $$$$$$$$ lol

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Bashing Mrs. Jello now, when will this end...

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who is MrsJello? Seems like every time I do a whois query, this name comes up. Big time domainer I assume?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've done thousands of dollars worth of purchases from "Mrs. Jello". Never had a problem whatsoever.

So what if you did "thousands of dollars worth of purchases from "Mrs. Jello"!!?? How the **** does that ties into this post? That is not the issue here, neither is he as a matter of fact (even though he is slimy character for doing shit like that) the issue here is big warning to others not to do thier bulk searches at Dynadot because they will be taken advantage of by various leeches and parasites.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think you need some major psychiatric help to deal with the fact that your moniker doesn't exist, Mr. "Telling it like it is".

Just like your other post where the guy talks about Enom support and you throw in shit about Sedo. So now you're attacking a famous member of this domain board just because you came in late (48 hours is WAY late) registering domains that had dropped. Well, HELLO! That's the name of the game, the early bird catches the worm. Next time you should register your findings asap, there are several hundred others playing the exact same game.

Again, blaming others for your lack of competency shows some major complexes. I would recommend you a good analyst; the problem is, you don't exist.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just like your other post where the guy talks about Enom support and you throw in shit about Sedo.

My "throw in" about Sedo nicely tied in that topic about Enom, because both of those entities demonstrate that they just don't care about the fact they can't and won't do their service at the level we are paying for.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Following your rationale you can add your experiences about your local Publix, the air quality or the amount of blood in your urine.

Instead of generalizing, post facts and numbers. Calling Mrs. Jello a "slimy character" is pure libel.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt any of the larger registrars are monitoring searches and reg'ing them, or have ever done so in the past. Perhaps on very rare occasions by a rogue employee but even then not common.

There was a large thread on Webmasterworld a few mos ago about this and the Mod challenged members to prove it by doing a Whois on large lists and then checking availability later. Virtually none were registered when later checked.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Honestly I don't believe in these conspiracy theories. I use dynadot all the time for registering dropped (tasted) domains. I have heard the same thing about godaddy, maybe there is a good reason with godaddy. I believe that they used to show the most recent queries on a page :smilewinkgrin:

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt any of the larger registrars are monitoring searches and reg'ing them, or have ever done so in the past. Perhaps on very rare occasions by a rogue employee but even then not common.

There was a large thread on Webmasterworld a few mos ago about this and the Mod challenged members to prove it by doing a Whois on large lists and then checking availability later. Virtually none were registered when later checked.

Same here.

Its called DOMAIN TASTING! Millions of names are reged that way daily. Just wait a few days and if it has no traffic it will drop.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt any of the larger registrars are monitoring searches and reg'ing them

If that is what you really think than you obviously didn't hear of DirectNic/Kenya Tech "business model".

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How does one acquire a query list from a registrar in the first place? Given that reputations are at stake, I hardly think that it's simple economics, and that these query lists go to the highest bidder. It would seem logical that those exploiting the queries, either work for the registrar, or are very closely affiliated some how.

Imagine if the US Patent Office or State Business registries operated in this manner. It's bullshit that this issue still continues to linger without being corrected.

For those of you that are skeptical, do a few queries for some decent available domains, and then watch them get snatched up. I have no idea who the hell is doing it, or how, but it's happening across the board. Even nonsensical garbage domains seem to get regged if you query them enough.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The tremendous "lazy person's way of making tons of money" vibe that has attached itself in mainstream media discourse regarding anything domains ever since Ult sold his portfolio for gazzilions (and even before that), combined with the lack of true government oversight, the speedy ways that online commerce work, and the entrance of new big money into the already crowded space, created an atmosphere whereby every crooked way of taking an advantage for yourself become acceptable, and indeed normal.

Aptly named outlets like Name Intelligence (who exist only to play with and use and abuse, for their own commercial gains, other people's electronic footprints) became the latest frothy-at-the-mouth evangelists spreading the mantra among the "connected few" that Data Mining (is back with vengeance) and is worth more than it's weight in gold. Under the guiding principle of "monkey do what monkey see" and in their biggest mortal fear of "leaving money on the table" pretty soon almost every registrar, and many of their customers, started minding other people's business. As a result of that, nowadays, we have registrars who are actually actively working against the best interest of their customers and who are anything but registrars, registrars who are stealing domains for themselves even before they even expire, registrars who are pimping their own customer's data to paying third parties, semi-automated and automated cybersquatters who are stealing other people's ideas because they are impotent to come up with their own etc.

Pure Deadwood.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who is MrsJello? Seems like every time I do a whois query, this name comes up. Big time domainer I assume?
She's a member on here :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom