Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Suggestions for SEDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The drop down menu is gone for good?
I like it. :)
It just needs an improvement...

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to make the transferring process a little more escrowy? I just sold a name and all I was asked to do was push the name into the other persons enom account, what if the other person turns around and goes "no wait that wasn't my account" or they push it on quickly to another party? Is there a way we could push into a sedo account, get the cash and then sedo can worry about getting it to the absolute correct buyer account?

My understanding is that is the way escrow usually works is that the middle man has possession of BOTH bargaining chips before giving anything to the other party :) Not the "We will hold the money of the purchaser and it's up to the seller to then transfer directly and we'll take the purchasers word for it afterwards" method currently employed.

It also seems to take a while the way it is being done at the moment, According to my registrar "This push was completed on 2005-03-16 03:58:00.433 PST" so i'm not sure how long it would take sedo to double check with enom what the new WHOIS is but if they had their own account they could see the name is in straight away and not have to rely on the third party.

PS. I don't mind if it takes a while, just wondering if it could be done in a more accountable manner.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo does what you describe, with the more common registrars like enom.
You push the domain into sedo's account and sedo sends you the money.
Then sedo has to worry about getting the domain to the buyer.

But this cannot be done for some registrars. Also there is not an option for sedo to transfer to a registrar(e.g. enom) and then transfer it to the buyers registrar because of the 60 day restriction.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i just sold one (YAY) but at the instruction of the sedo team, pushed the name to the buyers new enom account, and not to theres... where as in the past i have pushed them to sedos accounts..at whatever

i got the money anyway.. but was slightly unsure (as usual with everything), but at least in the View "Transactions" admin for the name, it tells you where to push which it never did before!, which backs up the email (which i dont trust 100%) ..

wilco

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
Sedo does what you describe, with the more common registrars like enom.
You push the domain into sedo's account and sedo sends you the money.
Then sedo has to worry about getting the domain to the buyer.

It was just a curious request to push it directly to the seller. The procedure on my sedo transfer page even says "Please push the domain into the buyer's eNom Inc. account. Account name is: J***-M**** ". This was enom-enom transfer and it's obviously not sedos account. The name is regged till December and I had to wait until the buyer created an enom account for me to push the name into. So none of your scenarios would result in sedo not using their own account. Unless they reserve this for big $ transfers?

Anyway it's been pushed but I am not sure how often they check this so hopefully next week it will all come together in a nice little stack in my paypal account :) That is if Sedo "can verify with the buyer that the push has been completed successfully and that the buyer has control of the domain we will be able to process your payment.". My only concern is if the buyer decides to say no :)

unclewilco said:
i got the money anyway.. but was slightly unsure (as usual with everything), but at least in the View "Transactions" admin for the name, it tells you where to push which it never did before!, which backs up the email (which i dont trust 100%) ..

wilco

Congrats on the sale :)

Yeah initially the enom account name wasn't showing up on my logged in page only in the email, no way was I going to push to that without confirmation, but they were speedy in getting the logged in page to reflect the email details. It just felt a bit suspect getting an email from someone @sedo saying "oh yeah go for it" and not seeing the same on the site when logged in. I really didn't feel like reading all the headers in the email just to make sure.

Perhaps they changed their policy due to the drop in fees?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always push the domain into sedo's account at enom.
I don't know why they told you this.

You should use the "Do not keep whois information" option when pushing a domain and inform sedo for the push as soon as you do it.

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
I always push the domain into sedo's account at enom.
I don't know why they told you this.

Things change :)

dvdrip said:
You should use the "Do not keep whois information" option when pushing a domain and inform sedo for the push as soon as you do it.

Yep I was in an email conversation with them at the time about getting the logged in section reflecting the same name. I always push with no contact info and 2 minutes after pushing I emailed them back saying all done. I am guessing they are just waiting for buyer confirmation. As you can see in my previous post the whole thing took place a few days ago, so the only thing I can think of seeing as I was conversing with them was they are awaiting buyer feedback.

PS. It's just a question/suggestion not a huge complaint or anything :)

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Ed,

I would love to see a section where all domains sold at sedo are listed with sale price and date of sale. We should have the option to search sold domains based on keyword. For example if I wish to see domains sold which had the word credit , I should see all such domains.

Also an offer made by buyer should be binding for 7 days inspite of counter offer. Let us say an offer of $200 was made and the registrant demanded $500. The buyer did not accept this demand. The seller should still have the option to accept $200 within 7 days. This will increase the sales.

We should be able to search domains in our portfolio based on keywords.

We should be able to see the typeins, clicks and earnings of a domain over a period of time on a single page.

We should be able to see all domains making more than or less than specified amount in a given period of months. For example if I wish to see which domains are making less than cost of renewal in 12 months so that I can let them expire.

More suggestions will follow.

Thanks,
URL Trader

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo used to have the domains pushed to their own enom account. This has not been the case for at least 6 months at Enom.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I pushed one domain at sedo's enom account two days ago.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More suggestions:

1) Allow sellers to BLOCK annoying buyers. I just had someone keep re-making lowball offers on the same domain after I cancel them. That should NOT be tolerated.

2) If you're going to make the buyer pay the credit card transaction fee or Paypal fee, then:
a) explain this UP FRONT to the buyer
b) put it IN the invoice
c) NEVER tell a buyer they are supposed to compute the fee and pay it AFTER the payment is made. This is a good way to make a happy buyer very unhappy.

I'm usually the seller but I recently did a purchase and was very frustrated with the process, especially when (after paying, following Sedo directions and links) i was told to send more money.

3) NEVER accept a bid when the buyer contact has not been approved by the buyer. I don't know why this isn't done now, but this has cost me several sales.

4) There must be a TIME LIMIT for the buyer to pay. I'm not happy about taking a name off the market for a month or more, only to find the buyer was bogus.

5) When the name can be pushed (like eNom), that's what should be done. I always have to remind the agent about this, wasting time and emails. If it's at eNom, it's a PUSH, period. This takes seconds, other methods can take weeks. In fact, Sedo should offer a DISCOUNT when seller has moved names to a modern registrar like eNom.

6) Make the WHOLE process faster - have seller push to Sedo's eNom account immediately when the price is accepted. If the sale goes bad, they can push it back.

When the buyer and seller have PayPal accounts, they're both online, and the name is at eNom, there is NO REASON for the whole transaction to take more than an hour. I've probably had 50 or more of my own transactions take less than 30 minutes, so it CAN be done.

I generally like Sedo and the staff, but there need to be some changes in the sale process.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
I pushed one domain at sedo's enom account two days ago.

Ok, this is what I think is going on.
If the buyer is willing to create an ENom account or already has one, you transfer directly (as I have done many times this year). I guess, if they insist on transfering the name out, then you push to sedo's account so they handle the transfer.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
Ok, this is what I think is going on.
If the buyer is willing to create an ENom account or already has one, you transfer directly (as I have done many times this year). I guess, if they insist on transfering the name out, then you push to sedo's account so they handle the transfer.

This is correct, although the EASIEST way for everyone is my suggestion, always transfer to Sedo first.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've been asking for SECURE connections for Logging in and viewing sensitive data, such as bank account info. It's insane that this information is currently being sent UNENCRYPTED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom