Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Template versus Web Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks again, draggar. Yes, those books are very reasonably priced and certainly make the learning curve appear more attractive.

I will save your list for easy access in the future but, as I'm a terrible non-techie, it may be some time till I am past the first one.

I only found the more advanced books techie, the beginner books (most of them) are not too technical involved.

Thanks to you all for your very useful comments. If there's ever anything I can do for you, please feel free to pm me. As a writer (fiction) my skills are mainly in that area, but I'll be glad to run an eye over any text you're ever unsure about, perhaps for a website or blog
I used to write fantasy, but that was years ago. I just write now what's on my mind and if anyhting interesting happened over the course of the past few days.

By the way, draggar, what happened to your blog? When I tried to find it I couldn't. If it's still active, could you post the link? :)

I just checked, it's still there (link is in my signature or were you going to draggar.net?).

maregee

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
y u guys feel sitebuilders are not good.........i use swsoft one and you can see my website

That's a perfect example of what's not to love about sitebuilders ...

On the surface, it looks OK. Underneath, the code is garbage! The markup is invalid, has a lot of useless, excess code, uses deprecated elements ... table-based layout (not a showstopper in itself, but combined with the other problems ...).

Pretty typical "sitebuilder" code.

accomatic

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's a perfect example of what's not to love about sitebuilders ...

On the surface, it looks OK. Underneath, the code is garbage! The markup is invalid, has a lot of useless, excess code, uses deprecated elements ... table-based layout (not a showstopper in itself, but combined with the other problems ...).

Pretty typical "sitebuilder" code.

Exactly!

And there's another problem with sitebuilders: overused templates. Google has decent tools to analyze not just the content, but also markup similarities, and when it comes over a template used on thousands junky websites it definately won't rank it high or will even drop it off its index.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators