Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

The war is about to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Iraqi oil will certainly put the country back on it's feet again and the free flowing of it will undoubtedly help the world economy. This is one of the consequences of victory, it is not the reason for war - there is a difference. [/QUOTE]

It will undoubtedly, but again, you cannot expect nobody to spend billions of dollars on "liberating" Iraq without having its natural resources in mind. There's no difference - just paraphrased.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe some clarification as to why a lot of American's feel resentment to the rest of the world:

We are tired of the same old, "The US are a bunch of bullies".

Just think what this world would be like had we not stopped Hitler, saved france (we're kicking ourselves for this one), defeated the Japanese, took on Slobadon Milosovich, crushed Al-Queda, and now removing Saddam Hussein from the world scene.

Frankly, their is not ONE American who wants to go to war unless their is a compelling reason to do so. Let's be clear on that. If we go to war, it's not about conquering, or being "arrogant". It's usually about liberating people so that they can feel a taste of democracy. The more democracies there are, the safer the world will be. However lately, it's about protecting America, especially after 9-11.

izopodian philosophy: It's a good idea before you open your mouth to at least appreciate who gave you the right to speak. Believe it or not "wars" as ghastly as they do become have allowed us our freedoms, to include "free speech".

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And as for anti-american dribble which i'm not into:

Do you think anti-french dribble is in any way better?
I've seen people here saying "**** the french" - you think that's ok ?!

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
And as for anti-american dribble which i'm not into:

Do you think anti-french dribble is in any way better?
I've seen people here saying "**** the french" - you think that's ok ?!

You've got a point. However I don't mind being called Anti-French. You on the other hand have a problem, not being called "Anti-American"...

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The point is Topnames is constantly accusing me of being anti-american and pretending it's somehow a crime to mankind to have a point of view that doesn't agree with american politics turning it into a simple black/white "anti-american" accusation while at the same time seeming to accept french bashing here.
I hate double standards,that's all.

And i think if someone starts namecalling it speaks for himself.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
izopodian quote: I think it's fair to say that everyone has an opinion, however not everyone has the facts

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The point is Topnames is constantly accusing me of being anti-american and pretending it's somehow a crime to mankind to have a point of view that doesn't agree with american politics turning it into a simple black/white "anti-american" accusation while at the same time seeming to accept french bashing here.
I hate double standards,that's all.

And i think if someone starts namecalling it speaks for himself.

You are anti-American....

As you can see in this thread we debated and I value other viewpoints, I even wished you the best at one point...but I got pissed when you said the war was about religion and that the US does not give any aid without a motive...you did say that and don't try to deny it

"*any* financial aid the US has ever given to other countries was seen as an INVESTMENT"

That's what you said...it's not that you disagree on a viewpoint, it's a direct attack on the US, not the war, not Bush, but on the US

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sure i said it.
Doesn't mean i'm anti-american.
If that's beyond your horizon - not my fault.
If you get pissed - not my fault.

As i already explained, i was talking about *BUSH'S* religious motives, not the US population.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ................

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
izopodian quote: I think it's fair to say that everyone has an opinion, however not everyone has the facts

You, the philosopher , determine the orthodox facts?

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure i said it.
Doesn't mean i'm anti-american.
If that's beyond your horizon - not my fault.
If you get pissed - not my fault.

As i already explained, i was talking about *BUSH'S* religious motives, not the US population.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ................

"*any* financial aid the US has ever given to other countries was seen as an INVESTMENT"

That statement is not attacking Bush or the current threat of war...that statement covers America as a whole...from 1776 to present and is a direct attack on America....if you don't see that then you are a fool.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And to say it was seen as an investment - if that's an insult for you - not my fault again.

It has always been seen as an investment - even if it's been in long terms sometimes.
Which in itself is not even anything morally incorrect - it's ok to invest in your interest.
My main point is: Just don't believe the hype this war is about humanity reasons.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why is beatz allowed to post here. He isn't a gold member or a platinum member??

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

My main point is: Just don't believe the hype this war is about humanity reasons.

I never said it was about humanity reasons...see you don't read my posts...you also said the war was about religion which is another bunch of bullshit...stupid comments like that show your true colors.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dude, this is the 3d time i'm telling you i was talking about *BUSH'S* personal motives.
And as for humanity reasons:
I said "MY MAIN POINT IS" as in "MY MAIN POINT IS" !!

It wasn't specifically directed at your posts.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What you wanted to say and what you really said are two different things.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by octobus

/QUOTE]

you cannot expect nobody to spend billions of dollars on "liberating" Iraq without having its natural resources in mind.
[/QUOTE]

Why?

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebHold
It is all about regime change and stabilizing the region. Kuwait and even Afghanistan have made substantial improvements in their societies and country thanks to the UN and the United States.

The UN however is not a powerful enough body to agree accross the board with the Iraq situation. The US will now drive in place what is right with our allies and most world views.

As I stated above, The UN is not a powerful enough body to agree accross the board. This is a sign of weakness and shows lack of effectiveness.

The United States has a proactive brain trust. What else does "SIGNIFICANT CONSEQUENCES" mean in resolution 1441?

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebHold

Sharpy

I feel like maybe you still do not understand. See my thread towards the middle. Weapons of mass destruction is only one factor.

Oh ok.:D

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bush is a moron...Saddam has been contained just like castro has been contained..

Yes, saddam is a cold blood physcho killer of his own people...

I could see this war if that was the reasoning..but it isnt.. Bush rates one life more than another...

He wants this war because "someday" Saddam MIGHT do something against the US...

That is in my mind a pathetic reason WHEN he would gain much more support -only 50% of US citizens support him in this war- if he TRUELY felt and true meant that we will not tolerate (we the US as a united people) Saddam killing enmass hundereds of thosands people, even his own people.That we would as a moral country come to their aid..but no bush could care less about that..he cares about what MIGHT happen.

This is what makes this so much different than Milosevic ..in that "war" The resoning was the "massacres" we seen women and children that were slaughtered lying in the ditches..we seen the modern day holocost type camps..

We as a people stood behind Clinton in that (of course the republicans were dragging their feet) but the PEOPLE found what Milosivch was doing was disgusting and evil.. Clinton had the PEOPLE behind him..Bush has a "party" supporting him..

Yep, we will all stand behind our Troops..but we do not all stand behind the decision of Bush because we understand the decision is not being made for the right reasons...it's not to free a people, it isnt to stop Saddam from killing anyone ..

It's to prevent something that "might" happen ? but probably never will.

But what Bush is not understanding is that by going into Baghdad like this and killing thosands of Iraqie citizens is going GAURANTEE more attacks on the US .. so the trade is ..

we might be attacked again to ENSURING that we will be attacked again..

I cant wait for the next elections; this man has destroyed our economy , has destroyed many friendships the US has had in the World , Has stood behind Big business , has reversed regulations on big business polluting the waters and air, has lied to the American people on the resons why we need to go to war , has used FORGEED documents in hi State of the Union speech , has walked all of our civil rights and freedoms of speech and every day we come closer to a police state with this administrations policy's .

Fortunately he will never be elected again; it's going to take a lot of work to repair all the damage this man has caused..
And to Top it off all of us "middle americans" will know get the bill hundreds of billions to rebuild and occupy Iraq over the next 2 years ..

Like I've said before Saddam could have been taken out with a $2 bullet by one patriot. All of Iraq would of Cheered, they would have celebrated in the streets..instead we are going to wipe out tens of thosands of ordinary citizens lives..remember Baghdad has a population of nearly 6 million people..these are not "evil" people ..just people like you and me trying to get on with their lives..

I stand behind our troops, they are only doing there job..they believe they are doing the right thing..I cannot and will not fault them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom