Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

thief among us....sad really sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You mean you get dnf$ for views? I thought it was only for posts? Clicking for DNbucks, why not start your own ppc or add adsense and go to town. Oh well takes all kinds....

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

E=MC2

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
sorry, didnt mean to post the name of the forum

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone recently implied that it is acceptable for people to exploit available technology and gaps in the law. Actions like this are reprehensible and fly in the face of that sentiment. I didn't know people got any points for pageviews, and now that gone. Drawn & Quartered, Firing Squad, Lethal Injection, Tarred and Feathered, The Chair, Long walk off a Short Pier... pick one. This guy deserves it.

~ Nexus

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is very nice for me to sit back and watch people actually care about this forum by reading your responses. It is clear that 99% of members here are class acts and that's refreshing.

-=DCG=-

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Right still no response time to report him to paypal

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have filed my compaint containing all transaction IDS hopefully we'll have a quick response. I've also told paypal that they'll be recieving more compaints re: this individual so please submit your claims promptly.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never knew you got F$ for topic views.

That was a very cheap thing to do & explains why he started so many theads. :rolleyes:

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cyphix said:
That was a very cheap thing to do & explains why he started so many theads. :rolleyes:
My jaw kind of dropped when I saw GiantDomains cutting into him at the beginning of this thread. I thought to myself... Wow! What's the big deal? Seemed so out of character. I shrugged and went about my business. Returning to a renamed thread and an unveiled hidden agenda is pretty sad. Keep up the good work GD. In retrospect, that was a very withstrained bit of biting sarcasm to begin this with. The "magician" had me looking at the illusion and not where his other hand was. Must take a lot not too be too cynical. :cheeky:

~ Nexus

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He's also just cancelled my money request i sent to him so hopefully paypal will sort this out!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paypal are unlikely to sort it out without you initiating a chargeback through your bank/credit card provider.
Sending a money request is just like saying to the thief "please can I have my money back" - 99 times out of 100 it won't work.

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Working for the bank that i have my credit card with means i'll probably not be able to issue a charge back

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Latic said:
Working for the bank that i have my credit card with means i'll probably not be able to issue a charge back

Why?

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
because it's like when i make a claim on my home insurance everything is checked and double checked etc. strange really you'd think we'd be more trusted. Basically means my manager going through all my private business and for $85 i dont want that

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most MC/Visa providers indemnify you for everything over $50 on fraudulent transactions, some even offer zero liability. Not sure if this will qualify.. I guess you could assert that the DNF$ you bought were "stolen property" and if they want proof you might have to get a statement from DCG or whomever is the official owner of the forum...

Has anyone had success in charging back? How much and with which CC provider/bank?

NB: I wasnt' screwed by this guy, I just find the details very interesting, since most of our economy is built on payment for goods or payment for services... this is a different type of transaction involving Cash->quasi-cash (paypal)->another form of quasi cash (dnf$) which I see becoming more and more prevalent online. If laws and terms on credit cards, etc. don't take into account this type of fraud, there is certainly a huge potential for abuse that could affect all of us.

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the charge backs would have to be done individually as well which could be difficult as most purchases were only around $15 each

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just been reading paypal.com it says it doesnt cover Quasi-cash, so i doubt we'll get the money back but the least we need to do is get this guys account stopped

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting - a few domains owned by this speciman and noted in the thread have improper dtata, and per ICAAN could be shut down immediately - as the who-is is fake. There is more than one way to skin a cat ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom