Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Urgent advice needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me

I own 2 domains

kidNick.com
nickKid.com

Niceldoean called me today and offered me $100 a piece for them.

I told her I would have to think about it and she said that There COULD be a trademark problem and they could take me to court.

So after talking for several minutes, I told her I would probably do it.

After that she got real excited and told me to send her a email stating that I accept the offer. She was really happy that I was thinking about taking it.

Now, My sons name is nick (which she asked that) And I call him nick kid...

My question is should I take the $100 a piece or should I all her bluff to see if I am leaving money on the table.?

Are these names worth more than that..> They could some great uniques..

Thanks for all the advice.

sjp

sjp said:

I own 2 domains

kidNick.com
nickKid.com

I told her I would have to think about it and she said that There COULD be a trademark problem and they could take me to court.

After that she got real excited and told me to send her a email stating that I accept the offer. She was really happy that I was thinking about taking it.

My question is should I take the $100 a piece or should I all her bluff to see if I am leaving money on the table.?

Are these names worth more than that..> They get some great uniques..

sjp

Graham Easton

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tell them to stuff it. There's no trademark here - especially if your son is called Nick. To take you to court would cost thousands so they'll offer you thousands before doing so.

P10n33R

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is worth more to you the domains or the 200 bucks. Answer that and you will find out what you are going to do.

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domains are worth more than $200 in my mind.

I dont want to take it, However I am concerned about them taking me to court. I dont want to fight a company like that.

Is it true this is not under trade mark?

Any other advice.. On top of the $200, She is also sending me a w9 so I have to pay taxes on the $200.. What do you think I should go for?

Thanks for tall the advice.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have a big fish. Reel him in. Do not take $200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no TM.

Closest is:

NICK IS KIDS

StatusREGISTERED
Status DateNovember 13, 2001
RegisterPrincipal

Serial No.75-466755
Registration No.2,507,384

RegistrantVIACOM INTERNATIONAL INC. (DELAWARE CORP.)

Jazz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't be intimidated by them...if you want to play it safe, put up a picture of your son on your webpage, but I don't think that is necessary since there doesn't seem to be a trademark issue.

sjp said:

I own 2 domains

kidNick.com
nickKid.com

Are these names worth more than that..> They could some great uniques..

sjp

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is Great news that there is not a trademark.

So how should I real this fish in...? They are owned by MTV, That is Actually who called me was MTV in regards To nickelodean.

Any adivce on how to real them in and How High to go? In my mind I might try to get greedy and loose it all..

Thanks

Jazz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tell them to get slimed..seriously, don't let them lowball you, tell them the name is cherished by you due to the fact that it is your son's nickname...I heard somewhere that they were going to come out with a clothing line..maybe they want to name it kidnick.

sjp said:
That is Great news that there is not a trademark.

So how should I real this fish in...? They are owned by MTV, That is Actually who called me was MTV in regards To nickelodean.

Any adivce on how to real them in and How High to go? In my mind I might try to get greedy and loose it all..

Thanks

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just tell them a price. If you very inexperienced, post in the Brokers forum and get a broker to sell it for you.

jumpbug

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get thousands at least.

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice.. I will take all I can get.. I am suppose to call her tomorrow to let her know what I am going to do..

I would just hate to say Yes to $5000 and they had a budget of $100,000... Never Know.. What should I start off with.. I know it is better to start High and drop, But How High?

Thanks for all the advice.. I have sold many names, and I know I have left money on the table...

Thanks

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi firstly are you sure the call was from nickelodeon? or was it someone using their name to get the name from you..CHEAP.

And yes the trademark stuff is just B.U.L.L

I would suggest to start at around 8-10k and come down to 5-6k if it really is nickelodeon. They would rather spend $100,000 by taking you to court rather than pay you.

Good Luck!

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DO NOT SELL ...there is no TM issue ..on the other hand DO not ASK 100K cause they will not give them :)
ASK more and try to be reasonable.

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice..

They also own nickkids.com

rawkinrich: Will you really give me $5.00 for them.. Wow.. You could make some money off them. I was thinking $5,000 each and there is 2 names.

Told her this morning that I was not going to accept.. She then offered $1000 a name// I told her I would email her. I had to think about it.

WOunder how much they will spend.

Yes it is nickelodean, She left a message and I had to call back and go through MTV STAFF's automated system. She says MTV owns nickelodean.

Any more advice

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sjp said:
Thanks for all the advice..

They also own nickkids.com

Yes it is nickelodean, She left a message and I had to call back and go through MTV STAFF's automated system. She says MTV owns nickelodean.

Ok. Since it is nickelodean. I would suggest a min price of $2.5k/name.

It's up to you if you would sell for that or will wait on. Good luck :)

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You should have a sale if you asked for $50K, they make that much in 1 minute on air. Tell them your kid would be devastated at the loss and you think that's reasonable. Keep us informed!

also, "Nickelodeon Kids" has been branded on cartoons for atleast 5 years!

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bionic said:
Tell them your kid would be devastated at the loss and you think that's reasonable.

Yup thats a good point as well.

Nodnarb

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds legitimate. You haven't mentioned it but once, but I think you should key more on the fact that your son is names Nick. This not only creates a legitimate reason for you to hold the domain in the first place, but it also enhances the value of the names. Since you have a non-commercial use for the names, it basically means that they will never have the opportunity to take the names from you.

Just be careful, and don't let greed lose your sale. Set a price and if they meet it, make the sale. Don't be indecisive. If $1000 is too low, tell them that. Don't think about it for a day and call them back. Or, don't call them back for a few days, and see what happens now that you have already told them you would think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators