Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

legal User Democrat - Patty Similien

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I currently have her brokering domains for me and she never once suggested a up front fee... Perhaps the OP's domains have little to no potential of selling and that's why the upfront fee.

There are no guarantees when you try to sell domains, and if this is the case, she's entitled to some compensation for her time.

I suggest you all save your "rush to judgment" until hearing the facts.

why would you even presume to appraise the quality of the OP's domains, in relation to the OP stating she asked for an "upfront" fee?

whether one asks for a fee upfront or not, shouldn't have any thing to do with their ability to sucessfully negotiate a sale.

what is the quality of your domains...maybe she didn't charge you a fee "upfront" because your names have "little to no potential of selling"?

since you mentioned it.

the issue is that "the OP has yet to receive a refund for failed delivery of services advertised", among other potential issues.

stick to the issue please!

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

:) I was looking for her photo avatar at the warrior forum.

She has been brokering my domains and she yesterday said she got some parties who are interested in one of my domains. She hasn't asked any fees upfront yet and we agreed for 15 % comission fees for her.

Yes, I agree with you all. She is the same person. Is she wasting her time here for a few hundreds after spending Dnforum fees?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with her and has actual results produced regardless of upfront fees or not?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seems like a lot of members here got her brokering names for them

wonder who can say exactly which names she has sucessfully sold?

like some references

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
May everyone here allow Democrat to respond?

Owing someone money for services received or being late to creditors does not make one a scammer. God knows how many time I have fallen behind payments. I've had members in this forum help me and I am still due to them, with the understanding that good faith is paramount than your inability to pay due to circumstances beyond ones control. As long as an intent to fulfill debt is made. People do fall behind for reasons we may never know.

Regarding the issue raised by OP, we all need to give Patty room for an explanation here. I don't believe that she is trying to scam anyone. Just trying to make a living off of her ability to broker names. An upfront fee with a promise to sell names in a week in an impossible task unless one gets lucky.

Please allow her to explain before we judge.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There was no sale so far via her brokering service.

She always gives promising words but nothing comes up. She explained to me about how she would broker my names but not even an offer via her.

TwoStep420

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am glad someone else posted something about this. Unfortunately I have found myself in a similar position as the OP. Though our arrangement was slightly different, the outcome was the same. Patty had originally contacted me in response to a post I made soliciting development help. We reached an agreement on a price as well as a delivery date. I agreed to pay half of the fee upfront, which I did.

In the process of discussing the development project, I mentioned I was also looking to buy some domain names, specifically a LLL.com. Patty indicated that in addition to development, she was also a high level domain broker and that she happened to have 2 LLL.com names she was brokering. I made an offer for the 2 names, and after some supposed haggling with the owners, Patty said they would accept my offer. She then said I should send the money to her Paypal account because the names were under her control and that the owners preferred to deal with Patty only. Before sending the money, I wrote up a contract reflecting our agreement and had Patty sign it, which she did.

After some time had passed, I contacted Patty to see why the names had not been transferred. She told me she had cancelled the deal because a better offer had come along. She said she had a close relationship with a bankruptcy company, and that when digital assets, such as domain names, were involved they would give her first crack at buying them at a great price. She said the company had just contacted her and that they were working on a case that involved 5 LLL.coms. Patty then told me they would sell her the names for the same price I was going to pay for the original 2 LLL.coms we had contracted for. Patty then went ahead and sent the money to company. Keep in mind I now doubt any of this is actually true.

Upon being informed of this, I expressed that I was skeptical and would prefer to just have the 2 names we had agreed to; but Patty assured me that the 5 names would be transferred to my account within 2 days and I would be thrilled.

To make a long story short, after 2 days, and now almost 4 weeks….I have yet to receive a single thing. Not a single domain name, or even the materials for our original development deal. Every question is met with evasion or excuses. After filing a dispute with PayPal, Patty reluctantly agreed to give me a refund. Even that seems to be a lie. It’s always “waiting on so-and-so to sign a contract” or “I’m waiting for the funds to transfer to my account.” Everything is always “in a few days” and then after a few days it’s “just another day or two.”

I believe most people are fundamentally decent, so I tried to give Patty the benefit of the doubt for as long as I could. Unfortunately, the evidence became too overwhelming. I would never make a public comment as to someone’s character and reputation (a negative comment) unless I was absolutely sure it was necessary and grounded in truth. For one it can ruin that person’s reputation in the industry, and it also will naturally call into question the reputation of the person making the claim.
That being said, I believe this post is necessary and I’m glad someone else has shared their similar experience. As domainers we are very much a community. A community built on trust. Part of being a good member of the community is alerting others to those who are violating that trust.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Did you read the post?

She is a habitual scammer according to what I see. Unless this is another woman, she cannot be allowed to remain. Unless there is anincredible excuse lol

So what your saying is; We should BAN her for something she's done in the past and not what she's done here? Judging from the OP, She's done nothing wrong that I can see.. Oh yeah, Failing to provide a refund for services the customer believes were not rendered, Yep, sounds like a scam to me... LMAO.

It strikes me as odd that the OP would pay $600 to a broker in the first place, why would he do that? Just how many domains did he ask her to sell for him? 100? 1000? 10,000?

Before we get to Democrats sentencing and execution, I'd like to get both sides of the story, if that's OK with you.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please allow her to explain before we judge.

Agree with you.
The problem is domainers are paranoid these days (myself also).

It's impossible to do business in this condition and with the recession desperate people want more easy money and scammers grow.

I understand what you said but what can do an honest domainer working 16 hrs a day 7 days a week 365 days/year trying to rise some legal money for feed the child?

It's hard selling domains these days...I see few honest people around.
No more business ethic.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what your saying is; We should BAN her for something she's done in the past and not what she's done here? Judging from the OP, She's done nothing wrong that I can see.. Oh yeah, Failing to provide a refund for services the customer believes were not rendered, Yep, sounds like a scam to me... LMAO.

It strikes me as odd that the OP would pay $600 to a broker in the first place, why would he do that? Just how many domains did he ask her to sell for him? 100? 1000? 10,000?

Before we get to Democrats sentencing and execution, I'd like to get both sides of the story, if that's OK with you.

Did you not read any of the outside links, Raider? Seriously?

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am glad someone else posted something about this. Unfortunately I have found myself in a similar position as the OP. Though our arrangement was slightly different, the outcome was the same. Patty had originally contacted me in response to a post I made soliciting development help. We reached an agreement on a price as well as a delivery date. I agreed to pay half of the fee upfront, which I did.

In the process of discussing the development project, I mentioned I was also looking to buy some domain names, specifically a LLL.com. Patty indicated that in addition to development, she was also a high level domain broker and that she happened to have 2 LLL.com names she was brokering. I made an offer for the 2 names, and after some supposed haggling with the owners, Patty said they would accept my offer. She then said I should send the money to her Paypal account because the names were under her control and that the owners preferred to deal with Patty only. Before sending the money, I wrote up a contract reflecting our agreement and had Patty sign it, which she did.

After some time had passed, I contacted Patty to see why the names had not been transferred. She told me she had cancelled the deal because a better offer had come along. She said she had a close relationship with a bankruptcy company, and that when digital assets, such as domain names, were involved they would give her first crack at buying them at a great price. She said the company had just contacted her and that they were working on a case that involved 5 LLL.coms. Patty then told me they would sell her the names for the same price I was going to pay for the original 2 LLL.coms we had contracted for. Patty then went ahead and sent the money to company. Keep in mind I now doubt any of this is actually true.

Upon being informed of this, I expressed that I was skeptical and would prefer to just have the 2 names we had agreed to; but Patty assured me that the 5 names would be transferred to my account within 2 days and I would be thrilled.

To make a long story short, after 2 days, and now almost 4 weeks….I have yet to receive a single thing. Not a single domain name, or even the materials for our original development deal. Every question is met with evasion or excuses. After filing a dispute with PayPal, Patty reluctantly agreed to give me a refund. Even that seems to be a lie. It’s always “waiting on so-and-so to sign a contract” or “I’m waiting for the funds to transfer to my account.” Everything is always “in a few days” and then after a few days it’s “just another day or two.”

I believe most people are fundamentally decent, so I tried to give Patty the benefit of the doubt for as long as I could. Unfortunately, the evidence became too overwhelming. I would never make a public comment as to someone’s character and reputation (a negative comment) unless I was absolutely sure it was necessary and grounded in truth. For one it can ruin that person’s reputation in the industry, and it also will naturally call into question the reputation of the person making the claim.
That being said, I believe this post is necessary and I’m glad someone else has shared their similar experience. As domainers we are very much a community. A community built on trust. Part of being a good member of the community is alerting others to those who are violating that trust.

Wow. It would be a few thousands you have sent. Why didn't you use escrow? Paypal is not good for such amounts and I lost nearly a couple of thousands when I bought triphp.com whose previous owner sold the database to someone else. I paid him via paypal.

Last edited by a moderator:

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you not read any of the outside links, Raider? Seriously?
It doesn't look good, but it's still innocent until proven guilty; plus both parties have a right to put their points across. (Well, that doesn't apply on a private forum, but it is etiquette and common sense)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
why would you even presume to appraise the quality of the OP's domains, in relation to the OP stating she asked for an "upfront" fee?

whether one asks for a fee upfront or not, shouldn't have any thing to do with their ability to sucessfully negotiate a sale.

what is the quality of your domains...maybe she didn't charge you a fee "upfront" because your names have "little to no potential of selling"?

since you mentioned it.

the issue is that "the OP has yet to receive a refund for failed delivery of services advertised", among other potential issues.

stick to the issue please!

Nobody is appraising anything here, If you ask a broker to sell a portfolio of crappy domains, (not suggesting the OP's names are crappy OK?) but IF they were, they would more than difficult to sell and you would want a upfront fee.

As for the refund, was it 100% refund? Not sure, but if it was, I don't why She would offer one, If it were me, I'd want at least some compensation for my time.

And as for the quality of my domains, it's irrelevant, I believe the reason I was not charged was because of the terms I laid out in the agreement, Which I choose not to disclose here.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just recieved an message that confirms that there was a scam in progress.

Let's just say NOBODY is authorised to sell my domain RnR.com for $2,500. If anyone else has paid any money for that domain, CHARGEBACK NOW.

More details later.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look good, but it's still innocent until proven guilty; plus both parties have a right to put their points across. (Well, that doesn't apply on a private forum, but it is etiquette and common sense)

Right. Then let's hear her side. I am interested to hear from people who have actual results and I'm sure the others who are in lingo need to know as well.

Nobody is appraising anything here, If you ask a broker to sell a portfolio of crappy domains, (not suggesting the OP's names are crappy OK?) but IF they were, they would more than difficult to sell and you would want a upfront fee.

As for the refund, was it 100% refund? Not sure, but if it was, I don't why She would offer one, If it were me, I'd want at least some compensation for my time.

And as for the quality of my domains, it's irrelevant, I believe the reason I was not charged was because of the terms I laid out in the agreement, Which I choose not to disclose here.

Raider, other brokers I know like Rick Latona do not ask for an upfront fee. If the domains are crappy, they simply refuse to sell......

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom