Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

news Was there a Hack/Data Breach at Epik?

Domain Summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's getting a bit off-topic in here. If you would, please take it to the Watercooler.

This thread is about to be locked as there's not much more to add to it. And, that is by all means not an effort to hide or disguise what has happened.

It's just that the topic has been discussed and now we're going on about aliases across different forums. If Epik has anything to add, the thread could be unlocked for those updates to be shared and we can continue to discuss further. However, the updates may make themselves into an entirely new thread—linked here as a reply so that subscribers of this thread are notified of an update—so that the noise of which forum is better doesn't drown out important information that Epik customers need to hear, if anything is to come in the future.

Steff

Level 2
Reaction score
Your grievance mongering adds nothing to the community.
What grievance mongering? I only have a couple of short posts in this thread. What are you talking about? I doubt you even know.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems my criticism of anonymous and their surrogates has ruffled **more feathers.

edit: Pretty sure if Rob denounced Christianity and free speech 90% of the criticism would go away.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want to make my position on the hack of Epik's network clear:

1) I'm not making excuses for the incompetence or poor security at Epik.

2) I don't now Rob but have defended his commitment to free speech and still do.

3) Anonymous is a criminal enterprise using political terrorism against anyone they disagree with. There is nothing noble about exposing confidential information, IP theft, sabotage and blackmail.

4) Anonymous is responsible for your data being made public, not Epik.

5) You can disagree with me, but unless you have some amazing piece of information I missed, I don't care about your justifications or explanation of GDRP, California privacy laws, etc.. They aren't going to change my mind.

I'm making this post here instead of NP because it would be deleted there and I know your going to read it hear anyway.

You're welcome.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
@JennBlogger came here asking a lot of questions. When she didn't get the answers she wanted, she made insulting accusations.

She asked me the very same question, what alias do I use on NP, how many accounts do I have. I answered truthfully because I have nothing to hide.

If she can ask questions and demand answers, so can anyone else. I want to know who I'm dealing with.
I actually asked you AFTER you asked me, stalking me about it.
This is a professional forum, not an anonymous free for all.
Professional forum wouldn't tolerate people like you, that goes around harassing people, posting childish memes/gifs, trying to take conversations off topic. I think you like it here because NP wouldn't tolerate what you do and you're just using this place as a dumping ground, a place to troll.
I want to make my position on the hack of Epik's network clear:

1) I'm not making excuses for the incompetence or poor security at Epik.

2) I don't now Rob but have defended his commitment to free speech and still do.

3) Anonymous is a criminal enterprise using political terrorism against anyone they disagree with. There is nothing noble about exposing confidential information, IP theft, sabotage and blackmail.

5) You can disagree with me, but unless you have some amazing piece of information I missed, I don't care about your justifications or explanation of GDRP, California privacy laws, etc.. They aren't going to change my mind.

I'm making this post here instead of NP because it would be deleted there and I know your going to read it hear anyway.

You're welcome.
You're posting it here because this is your safe space, when you posted it over there, people tore your nonsense apart.

As far as professionalism, again CEO's don't get involved in politics, religion, they don't lie about polls being rigged.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually asked you AFTER you asked me, stalking me about it.

Professional forum wouldn't tolerate people like you, that goes around harassing people, posting childish memes/gifs, trying to take conversations off topic. I think you like it here because NP wouldn't tolerate what you do and you're just using this place as a dumping ground, a place to troll.

You're posting it here because when you posted it over there, people tore your nonsense apart.

As far as professionalism, again CEO's don't get involved in politics, religion, they don't lie about polls being rigged.

Didn't you say you were going to block me?

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer if Rob kept his mouth shut in many situations.

In this day and age that doesn't' seem the norm though even from CEOs and Executives.

Most of the executives in my industry get into politics.

Steff

Level 2
Reaction score
Also thanks to Epik's poor security, ancient code, and storing more data than they should've. Not to mention hosting extremist hate-speech sites, posting mass-murder videos, etc, etc, etc, that put a target on their back and dragged down all other customers.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also thanks to Epik's poor security, ancient code, and storing more data than they should've. Not to mention hosting extremist hate-speech sites, posting mass-murder videos, etc, etc, etc, that put a target on their back and dragged down all other customers.

If you have prof someone / some company Epik was hosting committed a crime, produce it and I'll help you make a report to the FBI.

What you really are is an apologist for a group of political terrorist and organized crime.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Professional forum wouldn't tolerate people like you, that goes around harassing people, posting childish memes/gifs
On page 146... didn't have to go back far. I suppose this is a suggestion for you to get out of blogging and open the first "professional forum" in the industry and not allow such at all.
1636093384321.png
I'd prefer if Rob kept his mouth shut in many situations.
Either way, it is his company and his company was saving me money. Really, if you look at it, anyone could have saved money the whole time and just kept themselves removed from the conversation. If for whatever reason Epik, a million to one chance, it would have been 0 deal if they lost their accreditation as my safely stored Epik names would merely be transferred somewhere else, which we've seen happen quite a few times before. Keyword: Safe, the entire time, except maybe a bit more expensive depending on which registrar picked them up, but you could always transfer.

I suppose what I'm saying is that you can agree to disagree with how Rob handles things, but can still majorly benefit from Epik being around if you have a number of names where it makes sense to choose below-cost over even at or slightly above.
Not to mention hosting extremist hate-speech sites, posting mass-murder videos, etc, etc, etc, that put a target on their back and dragged down all other customers.
Which laws do these break? Thank God we have a U.S. Constitution where the Founding Fathers didn't write "unless it hurts one's feelings" into the 1st amendment. This is because while you might find one thing hate speech, someone to the left of you will definitely find something that you say is hate speech when the goalposts move. Where does it end?

By the way, as you bring up these "extremist hate-speech" sites that are basically Twitter clones that don't impose draconian rules with speech, do you think that the Taliban should have a Twitter account while the former U.S. President shouldn't?

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many other major domain registrars and web host "extremist websites" too.

Epik has done a bad job of justification and publicly welcoming certain sites.

They did draw the line with the Whistleblower website.

I don't see a good excuse for the bad security. @Epik

Steff

Level 2
Reaction score
edit: Pretty sure if Rob denounced Christianity and free speech 90% of the criticism would go away.
That is a straw man fallacy. Google it.

If you have prof someone / some company Epik was hosting committed a crime, produce it and I'll help you make a report to the FBI.

No need to report anything. FBI is already on it:

Domainnature

Level 5
Reaction score
No need to feed the competitor trolls, their job is to damage Epik in the eyes of customers, which as a result would destroy Epik as a company so it gets wiped of the internet.
I had similar exp with my tech biz, my competitors planned to damage me and they were attaking me together with my customers, those who were eating from my hands, they were successful in some way, later I lost 50% of my customers, now I have crumbles of customers, in fact I think the competitors are my customers which are left. But I not worry cause God have showed me his truth and I will win in the end, then I will crush those who harmed me and I m sure most have suffered after COVID which have satisfy me in some way, I know it's harsh but Evil should be dealt with more Evil, for Good to survive.
My advice do not let them infect your minds with their crap, let them dig futher their own hole, low lifes have nothing creative in them.

Attachments

• showel,hole.jpg
    showel,hole.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is a straw man fallacy. Google it.
No it's not. Get a dictionary.
No need for you to report anything. FBI is already on it:

So that's why you hacked epik, to find out the FBI was investigating a website and Epik was complying with the legal process?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom