Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Was there a Hack/Data Breach at Epik?

Steff

Level 2
Reaction score
So that's why you hacked epik, to find out the FBI was investigating a website and Epik was complying with the legal process?
LOL, I didn't hack Epik. I think you are suffering from a conspiracy complex.
they were attaking me together with my customers
I doubt very much if your customers would attack you if they were happy and did not feel their business was being hurt.

No it's not. Get a dictionary.

Straw Man​

A straw man argument attacks a different subject rather than the topic being discussed — often a more extreme version of the counter argument. The purpose of this misdirection is to make one's position look stronger than it actually is.

The straw man argument is appropriately named after a harmless, lifeless scarecrow. Instead of contending with the actual argument, they attack the equivalent of a lifeless bundle of straw — an easily defeated puppet that the opponent was never arguing for in the first place.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anonymous Apologist Denies Connections to Anonymous

1636127724491.png

How many domains to do you own? When was your last sale? What are you doing here?

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Straw Man
A straw man argument attacks a different subject rather than the topic being discussed — often a more extreme version of the counter argument. The purpose of this misdirection is to make one's position look stronger than it actually is.

The straw man argument is appropriately named after a harmless, lifeless scarecrow. Instead of contending with the actual argument, they attack the equivalent of a lifeless bundle of straw — an easily defeated puppet that the opponent was never arguing for in the first place.

Do you know the difference between an opinion and an argument?

1636127819770.png

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, yet again, I present you the straw man.

You can deny it with silly arguments but you're only making yourself look foolish. At least Kirtaner has the integrity to say what he thinks and believes. You're just an anonymous shill.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
Please refrain from personal attacks on community members. (2/3)
I will win in the end, then I will crush those who harmed me and I m sure most have suffered after COVID which have satisfy me in some way, I know it's harsh but Evil should be dealt with more Evil, for Good to survive.

haha, wow. All aboard the Crazy Train.

@mr-x then crazy old man still harassing people I see

Level 4
Reaction score
The infamous "What's going on" thread made Epik notable and was clearly designed to defame/destroy. That backfired too. Oops. Whoever is paying these clowns to run these Ops should request a refund.

Like.... Did you ever look at who the OP is? ... This thread gets weirder by the minute.

base

Level 3
Reaction score
Life's too short to have that much content for someone or something.

I'm typically mad for about 5 minutes. I may think about it later on or repeatedly, but it never gets to me like those first 5 minutes. 🤷‍♂️
I think you meant contempt, but your *content makes sense too. Or maybe you did mean content. Now I need to know, which one is it? :)

Should Epik Change Name and Rebrand?

I think this might be something to consider.
Respectfully, no. The company got hacked. By bad people. Maybe they, the bad people, should consider a name change. BadPeeple could work, available too. It's a brandable even. And with Epik, how do you beat that name?

With regards to the hack, I'm glad the people that think that whatever the rationale behind it is somehow justifies stealing and releasing people's private info, with typically more than
You have a 4.5 hour span yesterday with 0 posts.

to stare at a screen and tear people apart, are the LOUD minority. Trust me. This is my second post, after all.

It's easy to be hateful. It's hard to find the good in people sometimes, we get so bogged down with stuff. The good is there. It's like the smile, using more muscles than the frown.

Steff

Level 2
Reaction score
I am done with this forum. Enjoy reinforcing your own biases. Good bye.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am done with this forum. Enjoy reinforcing your own biases. Good bye.
You walking out like this appears as if the community or staff here did you wrong, when in fact, we welcomed your criticism with open arms. You just didn't like the manner in which I wanted your off-topic banter about staff handling issues in the public in this thread separated from your criticism about Epik and made into two separate posts that would have to be in different areas of our forum.

1636188841412.png

I think this screenshot speaks for itself when it comes to "reinforcing our own biases". :rolleyes:

If not, let me point out the line to you again: "Repost this portion of the post and it will be on-topic and be allowed in the thread." That is explicitly giving you permission to repost that quoted snippet directly from a message deleted here, but only it, as the other portion was off-topic and had to be handled in another way. This goes without saying that we are by all means not reinforcing our biases by creating an echo chamber here.

I even went on to welcome any other Epik feedback you may have. But, you're the victim, right?

However, I hope you find a community that will let you express yourself in any way you want, especially bash the ownership and not be warned or banned for it.

Have a great weekend!

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I contributed a lot of thoughtful threads there. They ranked among the most popular. Why? Because I shared what worked as we authentically focused on empowering as many people as possible, and overcoming scarcity mindset.
The answer to "Why?" is not what you think. The most popular threads that involved you were because of the highly controversial comments and behavior that came from you. Not because of empowering or overcoming.

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, yet again, I present you the straw man.

Not quite -- the interrogator outed you as someone who set up a sock puppet account to engage in propaganda. You wisely opted not to lie about your motive, and left the forum. Case closed. :)

Steff

Level 2
Reaction score
Not quite -- the interrogator outed you as someone who set up a sock puppet account to engage in propaganda. You wisely opted not to lie about your motive, and left the forum. Case closed. :)
LOL. Whatever makes you feel better. Have fun with your posse of fellow conspiracy mongers.

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL. Whatever makes you feel better. Have fun with your posse of fellow conspiracy mongers.

Thanks -- go enjoy some CNN. The ratings are down but maybe they will publish something salacious with which to instill fresh fear into the remaining members of the echo-chamber that still believes anything they say.

I thought their handling of the Aaron Rodgers news was just a tad cringe. Here is a montage for your entertainment.

Regardless of pro-vax or anti-vax, surely one can appreciate that the comedic value of CNN faux outrage is pretty high.

The comedic value of this one was also high:

There is some debate of whether that was a true Karen or if that was staged. If real, Karen took it to a new level.

Have a blessed day and happy Domaining. The industry is having a good November.

Steff

Level 2
Reaction score
Thanks -- go enjoy some CNN. The ratings are down but maybe they will publish something salacious with which to instill fresh fear into the remaining members of the echo-chamber that still believes anything they say.

I thought their handling of the Aaron Rodgers news was just a tad cringe. Here is a montage for your entertainment.

Regardless of pro-vax or anti-vax, surely one can appreciate that the comedic value of CNN faux outrage is pretty high.

The comedic value of this one was also high:

There is some debate of whether that was a true Karen or if that was staged. If real, Karen took it to a new level.

Have a blessed day and happy Domaining. The industry is having a good November.

I don't watch CNN. Why would you assume that? You are such presumptuous person who lives in his own world.

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't watch CNN. Why would you assume that? You are such presumptuous person who lives in his own world.

I never said you did. :)

But ... since you went there, a couple of questions if you don't mind:

1. How do you think CNN stays in business?

2. What media sources would you consider useful or authoritative?

Steff

Level 2
Reaction score
I never said you did. :)

But ... since you went there, a couple of questions if you don't mind:

1. How do you think CNN stays in business?

2. What media sources would you consider useful or authoritative?
I don't take any media source at face value. I consider a wide variety of news sources. If they all agree on a matter, then I take it more seriously. But I use judgement as to arriving at a conclusion. For example, I consider whether a source has a bias or sounds objective. Do they use references, and what type of references, etc.

BTW, how is this on topic?

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
How do you think CNN stays in business?
By selling ads to people agreeing with their views which seem crazy to you? (to me too. I'm in the same boat)
Our views seem crazy to them. At least, it's what they seem to say if you listen to them.

Where I don't really understand you, Rob, is when you say things like "there is unity in truth". I don't believe there is. That's your view of the world. There is ... with like-minded individuals. But there is a (growing?) portion of people for whom there is unity (among them) in the opposite of truth and reason. These people do support one another. So, CNN can sell ads to them.

Or you had a different idea in mind? Which one? (Maybe create a dedicated topic in the watercooler section to answer)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators