Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Was this necessary Gregr

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

It took us one day to move this site after I bought it. Took about a week for everyone to resolve to my servers.

Your admin was given root access. I have no idea why he couldn't make it work. DNS propagation does take time.

Besides DavidThornton's payoff was he got to read all the juicy Sigmachat chat logs. :)

It was all kind of boring actually. Made me see a side of a good few people I'd rather not have seen. They were all ditched when the move was completed.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Realnames .. only very few knew that Dan was a 16 year old goh-ing on 17 at the time .. what else could be expected .. no credit card .. he didn't know what he let himself in for when he started the DNF ..

And yes you did offer to host the DNF .. you also offered to buy the place ... butt .. Greg managed the to pull off the coup' and turn the DNF into what it is today ..

Whois who .... no doudt time will tell .. aint my business..

:)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by davidthornton

It was all kind of boring actually. Made me see a side of a good few people I'd rather not have seen. They were all ditched when the move was completed.

You should write a book. :)

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Somebody explain this to me?

Oh' and to remark on another thread by .. Winfreecash .. you would be surprised .. whois who in here and on the the DS as well .. Winfree .. all being Mr & Mrs nice guy / girl these days.

Somebody explain this to me please??

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AMERICAR Realnames .. only very knew that Dan was a 16 year old goh-ing on 17 at the time .. what else could be expected .. no credit card .. he didn't know what he let himself in for when he started the DNF ..
And yes you did offer to host the DNF .. you also offered to buy the place ... butt .. Greg managed the to pull off the coup' ad turn the DNF into what it is today .. Whois who .... no doudt time will tell .. aint my business..:)

I should also write a book, like you said I don't think hardly anyone knew the owner was a 16 turning 17 yr old HS Boy :D who's main activity was his HS Football Team. Of course he had no money and no credit card and can be excused.

May be wrong about this but I don't believe his 3 Mods at the time Snoopy, Safesys and Matty even knew about Dan's tender age when they were trying to buy DNF and ended up resigning due to Dan allegedly raising the purch price after he has already accepted a price (allegedly) from them, and offering it to me also. Then Gregr got it. :razz:

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:) .. for instance .. is .. Dotty in here with us ?? .. what about ..
winfreecow ?? .. handheldgrp .. are there others ... h?h ...

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

I should also write a book, like you said I don't think hardly anyone knew the owner was a 16 turning 17 yr old HS Boy :D who's main activity was his HS Football Team.

May be wrong aboiut this but I don't believe his 3 Mods at the time Snoopy, Safesys and Matty even knew about Dan's tender age when they were trying to buy DNF and ended up resigning due to Dan allegedly raising the purch price after he has already accepted a price (allegedly) from them, and offering it to me also. Then Gregr got it. :razz:

He was actually 15 turning 16 and no the mods didn't know.
There are posts they made in the mod forum where they tell Dan some idiot is saying crap like Dan is only 16. Dan didn't reply back and say, well I am 16. :)

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

You should write a book. :)

Thought about that already. It'd have to be called:

"mysql> DROP DATABASE dnforum; how it could have been"

:D

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AMERICAR
:) .. for instance .. is .. Dotty in here with us ?? .. what about ..
winfreecow ?? .. handheldgrp .. are there others ... h?h ...

I am still totally confused??

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Thought about that already. It'd have to be called:

"mysql> DROP DATABASE dnforum; how it could have been"

:D

You know I thought DNF was dead the time the server DNF was on got yanked for non-payment and Dan didn't have a backup.

He was super lucky that hosting company let him get that database back.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only 1-1/2 hours until the auction.

Get your motors running! Fire up the PayPal accounts! :D

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com
I agree. He has always been a very level headed & logical guy. :)
Eep!

~ Nexus

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry .. Winfree .. it is not my place to elaborate on these things any further .. like i said .. only time will tell if they come out of the closet.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

You know I thought DNF was dead the time the server DNF was on got yanked for non-payment and Dan didn't have a backup.

He was super lucky that hosting company let him get that database back.

Yeah very. I still look back with fondness when we were trying to get the database back and there were about 30-40 people in the chat room discussing it. Then I got access to two databases. I tried the first, it was old so had lots of missing content. Then I tried the second and bingo; we were back. ;)

It's a god job someone bought it shortly after. Too much responsibility for me, for more than a few weeks. :)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

It's a god job someone bought it shortly after. Too much responsibility for me, for more than a few weeks. :)

Tell me about it. You're talking about people's home here. :)

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry .. Winfree .. it is not my place to elaborate on these things any further .. like i said .. only time will tell if they come out of the closet.

You and I have always been friends so I am going to assume I read something into your words that was not there. If you think I disclosed your secret to me about who one of the above mentioned is...you are wrong...and as far as one of the others mentioned...he has been tracked down and is now being sued and though I know who he is I have not disclosed that either, as far as the third..I have no clue.

As far as "winfree being a nice guy/gal"..I have always tried to be nice and many here have met both me and Mahony in person so they know who we (and what sex we each) are.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're talking about people's home here. :)
I live in a little room at the back of the forum - behind the chat room. Sometimes they keep me awake. :)

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I musn't have used the right wording .. Win .. something got lost in the translation .. i was in no way refering to you .. my comment was off this topic and it was meant for the post reffering to the former Modemgal having admitted a gender change ..

Sorry for the confusion ..

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I musn't have used the right wording .. Win .. something got lost in the translation .. i was in no way refering to you .. my comment was off this topic and it was meant for the post reffering to the former Modemgal having admitted a gender change ..

Sorry for the confusion ..

Whew....am I relieved!!!

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Tell me about it. You're talking about people's home here. :)

;) It was 'mad' in the chat room when the forum was down for those few days. I definitely remember some very hyped-up domainers! Some of them felt that a big chunk of their lives had been ripped from them. It still amazes me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom