Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What happend to DNFORUM...

Status
Not open for further replies.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seems to be a graveyard for very bad so called premium expiring domains...

Domain Summit 2024

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
look at the forum, it has been spammed...what happend to the mods, turned into a dollar domain store.

Last edited:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't understand?

I think he is asking why so many names listed for sale are worthless or reg fee and also why often times the sellers call them "premium" names anyway! Something which also annoys me. It's also a reason so many serious buyers or heavy hitters no longer frequent the forums, imo.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, you are right David, I always saw this stuff at that other forum, but DNForum, I always thought of as a place for premium 3l, and other high end names, but I remember a free membership promotion a few months back, and seems like it get's littered with trademark names, and so called premium headings, even if you want to spend money here, it is hard to filter though all the garbage. Not so much discussion anymore, just a stream of dollar domains... I always thought DNForum was a premium forum.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not so much discussion anymore, just a stream of dollar domains... I always thought DNForum was a premium forum.

Right, I also know at least several constant sellers who NEVER or Quite RARELY post any knowledge but all or most all of their posts for many years are only domains for sale (usually very low value domains or worse).

I know 3 or 4 sellers who quickly come to mind who have posted 100s of for sale threads over several years and not one ever posted anything to contribute to the knowledge of the forum members even thou I know these heavy sellers do in fact have considerable knowledge if only they would contribute. One rule change I can think of to help this situation is to require a non-for sale post be made for every sale thread or one article for every X number of sale threads they start.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
David, What the other major forum did was put a cap, that only 2 current for sale postings can be listed at any one time, they can post 4 if they pay a fee to upgrade, I think that would solve the issue, but it also would allow others to keep opening, and closing threads, and reposting rapidly.

If there was any relevant discussion it would have been pushed into page 2, in a matter of 15 minutes.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One rule change I can think of to help this situation is to require a non-for sale post be made for every sale thread or one article for every X number of sale threads they start.

Be very careful what you wish for. If you think it's bad having to sort through all the for-sale domains, imagine how painful it would be to read 5 perfunctory non-sale posts in order to find real information. At least for-sale posts have a domain specimen in the title, which helps filter out stuff one isn't interested in. But it's MUCH harder to have to read through multiple posts only to realize afterward that the writer was just jumping through a hoop in order to list something for sale elsewhere.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
One rule change I can think of to help this situation is to require a non-for sale post be made for every sale thread or one article for every X number of sale threads they start.

Then you are going to have more non premium crap posts......

Last edited:

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There should be a forum $1K and above, a forum $10k and above, another $100k and above. Maybe one for > $1 M
I think this will have people post more premium names.

krossat

Rohan
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There should be a forum $1K and above, a forum $10k and above, another $100k and above. Maybe one for > $1 M

yeah we will see more of the crapremiums like "khmputerz.com for $45000" in those forums.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it is like rummage sale, but what do you expect... where are the buyers.. are they here?

Pretty sure their not... not like they used to be anyways. Which is why you do not see the good names being traded on this forum... . especially selling to another domain name trader.. Greed's taken over at this point in the industry. No one wants to sell a name less then then the intrinsic value in their inner minds eye. Good luck getting that here... so they sell else where... generally these place market better and attract folks with money.

I remember back in the day you might have an enduser stroll threw... not any more.. theirs places like sedo ... Snap names, bla...bla.. bla..and https://flippa.com/just-sold which lets face it undeveloped names aren't making money like they used to either..

https://flippa.com/just-sold this in itself is proof crap sells if it's developed and packaged correctly...

my conclusion is that the buyers have left... thus it creates a vacuum for filth... sifting through another mans trash for a gold nugget if your looking to buy. If DNF lured in money you would see premium names being traded again on a more constant basis.

Sometimes I find the nuggets in the "Off site Auction link" thread.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO the primary issue is that the owners of the high end names are holding onto them waiting for the market to bounce back. Would you sell a name today for $1,000 that you might be able to sell for $15,000 a year or two from now? Unless you need the cash or that's "low end" in your portfolio, I don't think many people would.

it is like rummage sale, but what do you expect... where are the buyers.. are they here?

Pretty sure their not... not like they used to be anyways. Which is why you do not see the good names being traded on this forum... . especially selling to another domain name trader.. Greed's taken over at this point in the industry. No one wants to sell a name less then then the intrinsic value in their inner minds eye. Good luck getting that here... so they sell else where... generally these place market better and attract folks with money.

my conclusion is that the buyers have left... thus it creates a vacuum for filth... sifting through another mans trash for a gold nugget if your looking to buy. If DNF lured in money you would see premium names being traded again on a more constant basis.

Sometimes I find the nuggets in the "Off site Auction link" thread.

There are buyers here. My 5 largest purchases were made here and you won't see any record of them since it was all though PM (and two were from posts a few years old). My 3 largest sales were also done though PMs so there's no record here. Most of my business here is done though PM (domains, scripts, ideas, etc..).

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

- Your name is premium - someone else name is junk - That's why you bought the name to begin with
- People jack up the price so they can bump 3 times with reduction
- Not everyone post sold to buy. I always meet the seller at the alley and hand them cash
- Everyone of us are both seller/buyer - If we don't buy then you don't see buyers
- We all want buy low and sell high - Buyers want us to buy low and sell lower

Anyhow - I see everything move as normal - If you don't see it does not mean it did not happen!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems to be a graveyard for very bad so called premium expiring domains...

it would be nice to see what premium names you have or what you would call premium and how much you would pay for those examples.

look at the forum, it has been spammed...what happend to the mods, turned into a dollar domain store.

staff have no control over the "'quality" of names that are listed or how they are priced. responsibility is only to ensure they are posted within the guidelines of forum rules..

I think he is asking why so many names listed for sale are worthless or reg fee and also why often times the sellers call them "premium" names anyway! Something which also annoys me. It's also a reason so many serious buyers or heavy hitters no longer frequent the forums, imo.

that topic has been mentioned a few times almost every year since 2008.

i've moaned about lowballers, what is premium, who decides what is premium, no such thing as premium letters, z is now premium letter, anti-premium, non-premium, regular gasoline, etc :)

but in contrast, i'm serious when i have intent to purchase and i'm definetly serious when considering a "serious" offer.

the same folks who used to buy, still buy..... but maybe under different names or thru a broker, or secret id so you don't know they are the "heavy hitter" that you've been looking for.

if you know i'm the guy with dough. then you're gonna try and stick me up.

that's the mentality of domainers in general and the goal of the collective as a whole.

Yes, you are right David, I always saw this stuff at that other forum, but DNForum, I always thought of as a place for premium 3l, and other high end names, but I remember a free membership promotion a few months back, and seems like it get's littered with trademark names, and so called premium headings, even if you want to spend money here, it is hard to filter though all the garbage. Not so much discussion anymore, just a stream of dollar domains... I always thought DNForum was a premium forum.

i guess we got ourselves a discussion now! :)

you can't give a premium label to a forum, then generalize that names posted there should be premium too.

because the opposite would be... to label another forum as non premium and never expect to find anything to dispute that.

that would be a fallacy.

if it's hard to "filter" thru all the garbage, then why not invent a tool that you can use

since most folks don't mind paying for tools now to dig thru lists (garbage) to find names to backorder and bid.

if you ain't willing to dig, then you ain't willing to find.

you just want the gold to be sitting right there on top of the soil?

git yo pan out and sift some dirt dude and you mite find a nugget

:)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I probably have said this more than a couple of times, but it is actually up to Adam (the owner) to decide whether DNForum should remain a "domainers' hangout" (ALL sellers, buying from each other) or going to the next level and become a or even THE mainstream domain name marketplace with end-users (a.k.a. BUYERS).

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Who decides the value of the domains? The mods or the users? I don't like how Namepros.com is doing it.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
100% The seller always sets the price... the best way to voice your opinion if the price is crazy, is slience...the thread should fall.

everytime we post on a comment we are helping keep the thread alive.

:yo:

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Be very careful what you wish for. If you think it's bad having to sort through all the for-sale domains, imagine how painful it would be to read 5 perfunctory non-sale posts in order to find real information. At least for-sale posts have a domain specimen in the title, which helps filter out stuff one isn't interested in. But it's MUCH harder to have to read through multiple posts only to realize afterward that the writer was just jumping through a hoop in order to list something for sale elsewhere.

Ditto, especially for the service that you pay for. If someone join the forum to just sell or buy after paying the membership fees, should not be required to post to contribute knowledge etc, I mean its not I am saying you should not post at all etc, we should all post to contribute to forum. But thats just my 2cents.

Adding, there will be too much spam on the forum doing so, when people are creating to GET BY posts, most will be nosense and meaningless. I am sure it will create heck more of work for Adam and other mods.

What do u say.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Can not agree more. Right on the SPOT!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

trying to associate price with quality is another fallacy, as anybody can put any price on any domain.

if everyone doesn't agree that's it's a $10K or $100k name, then what?

same thing, no buyer

and if they are worth $10K or $100K, who's gonna stop a lowballer from offering less?

so maybe, you just wanna "see" some premium names, not necessarily "buy" some. :)

since "premium" is subjective to who rates it as such, we all could have very different opinions about what "qualifies"

then again, there are premium names staring some folks right in the face, and they wouldn't even know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom