Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Whne .com is taken what the next best one????

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekingz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a domain i want to buy but i wondering what TLD to buy it in as it is only taken in .com and it guess it will still be good in another ending!

what one is best .org - .net - .biz - .us - .info as the domain is a forum related one that has to do with sales and business!!

What TLD Should i get???? d:)

Domain Summit 2024

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It really depends on your market. But for forum related projects, .net is a good second choice, and if you factor in the sales and business, you won't leave out .biz, will you? I'd say for less than $15, get both.

thekingz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
It really depends on your market. But for forum related projects, .net is a good second choice, and if you factor in the sales and business, you won't leave out .biz, will you? I'd say for less than $15, get both.

Well, I decided To get .net It done i now own DollarForum.net And if you vist the .com verson it is selling for $300.00! I have a really nice Plans For DollarForum.net DF or DFN ! Thanks

I never owned a .biz in my life time i own only .com, .net, and .Info But i prefer .com and second .net! Thansk for your help! And wish me good luck on my idea! I use registerfly so it cost 10.00 for domain and for 2 it would be like $18-20 So i will stick witht he one!

Some Nice TLD Ending Info here --> http://www.get-a-dot.com/dns-tlds.htm :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice choice!

I also find .info to be a great extension for content related sites...you all know I own a bunch of them pertaining to animals (www.weasels.info , www.toucans.info etc) and I find sometimes .info is the perfect replacement for .com

WebPhil

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even though you've already bought a domain, I thought I'd comment. :)

I avoid .org domains unless they're definitely an organization - companies look completely wrong with a .org extension.

Hey

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I stay away from everything but .com for my sites :)

ddshop

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thekingz said:
I have a domain i want to buy but i wondering what TLD to buy it in as it is only taken in .com and it guess it will still be good in another ending!

what one is best .org - .net - .biz - .us - .info as the domain is a forum related one that has to do with sales and business!!

What TLD Should i get???? d:)

Hey Thekingz i think .com is the only good one But .net is next best and now i think .info also can be good

:)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey said:
I stay away from everything but .com for my sites :)

Thats very good choice.

WebPhil

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem with trying for .com for everything is that so many are taken, so you're going to have to be more and more creative about the domain names as time goes on.

Saying that, remember that you can always hyphenate the domains, so if you're hunting for a domain with multiple words, then think about separating them with hyphens if the domain you have is already taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom