Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why list domains for sale....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ive been on the side where I would offer a certain amount and countered with something awful..

And then, ive been on the side where I would get lowballed for something worth a whole lot more than what they're offering. I think nowadays, alot of people try to get over too often and it messes up the chain and makes it boring to me.

Domain Summit 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
Even if he countered with 100k, tha would be better. A counter of 1 million tells m he does not wish to sell at all. This may be untrue but it is my interpretation and since I am the potential buyer, I walked away.
-=DCG=-

Exactly my view to. For example, I just checked my Sedo account and looked at the last 42 offers I made over a couple mos.

34 of them went like this: I offer say $300 for a name I would be willing to pay $800 for but the seller counters with say $20,000., or I offer say $1,000 for a name I would go up to $3,000 but get a $100,000 (or more) counter, so I cancel all negotiations rather than deal with such a high priced seller.

3 of them I purch thru Sedo because the sellers price was given and also near my price, i.e. seller lists for $3,000, I offer say $1,000., seller counters at say $2,000., we agree on $1,500 thru Sedo.

On 5 sales I emailed the owner direct from Whois after seeing it listed on Sedo (for a too high price vs my planned offer) and tell him if we agree to a sale he can get a better price since I can pay direct thru PayPal and no escrow will be needed.

All 5 were done successfully that way with the seller transfering to me the same day he got the money, all done with no trader ratings and neither one of us knowing each other (could tell he was honest by the way he worded his email or looking at his website, and other ways).

DomainQuay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
Even if he countered with 100k, tha would be better. A counter of 1 million tells m he does not wish to sell at all. This may be untrue but it is my interpretation and since I am the potential buyer, I walked away.

-=DCG=-

DCG, are you disappointed that you didn't pursue it a little further?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainQuay said:
DCG, are you disappointed that you didn't pursue it a little further?

Nah, there is no logical reason for me to want that name, was purely for fun.

-=DCG=-

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
34 of them went like this: I offer say $300 for a name I would be willing to pay $800 for but the seller counters with say $20,000., or I offer say $1,000 for a name I would go up to $3,000 but get a $100,000 (or more) counter, so I cancel all negotiations
Yes, there are just too many amateurs, or even some so-called "domainers" who don't have a clue what price negotiation or bargaining really means: they THOUGHT that by asking for an astronomically high price, they then have more space to maneuver. Their fault, their loss. ;)

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is a bit old now, but it has really stuck in my mind. I just posted a blog entry about some of my experiences bidding at Sedo over the past couple weeks: click here to read it.

Here's my bottom line:
1. If you place realistic counteroffers you’ll typically sell the domain for more than than if you set unrealistic counteroffers.
2. Don’t complain about lowball bids if you don’t set a minimum price.
3. Let’s keep the buying and selling going!

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:confused:
DotComGod said:
Nah, there is no logical reason for me to want that name, was purely for fun.

-=DCG=-

40K just for fun? :confused:

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
Well it would have been fun for me ;)

-=DCG=-

..........................................................................:confused_smile:

OK ....I did not know you were that rich. :)

Sorry to be "off topic" but.....since I have sent you PM too......at least now I know you read me :

do you never check this section:

http://www.dnforum.com/f187/

It appears it`s not privately sent to you.......but anyway all I needed is you to read it and when you can......an answer will be appreciated.

Thanks! And If I never get touchdown.com I promise I will sell it to you. :)

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
italiandragon said:

..........................................................................:confused_smile:

OK ....I did not know you were that rich. :)

Sorry to be "off topic" but.....since I have sent you PM too......at least now I know you read me :

do you never check this section:

http://www.dnforum.com/f187/

It appears it`s not privately sent to you.......but anyway all I needed is you to read it and when you can......an answer will be appreciated.

Thanks! And If I never get touchdown.com I promise I will sell it to you. :)

DCG can do whatever he wants , he has 7.5 mill F$ !!! :)

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of other fun names out there that you can get ahold of with a "fun budget" of that size. :)

Some people buy boats and cars for fun.. others buy...... yep. :-D

Can't say I haven't had some fun myself though. Really even if you buy an expensive domain for fun, chances are that you will eventually make your money back if you ever decide to sell, since somebody else will probably want it for a project eventually.

That being said, I just checked Godfather.com and the new owner has put it on SEDO with the following comments:

This is a premium domain which earns more than $1500/month through simple parking. No offers below $100,000 will be considered so don't even bother.

Not bad for a $18k investment..

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so the past owner is a big genius selling that for 1 year revenue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom