Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Yahoo rejects Microsoft buyout offer as undervalued

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember those yahoo commercials when times were good

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is another bidder coming into play...I cannot name my sources but someone very high up told me theres more than just MS in the offer making mood...stay tuned!

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For anyone who owns YHOO, from a stock market perspective the stock could easily return from whence it came ($19) if MSFT deal falls thru and no one else comes forward...if i owned it i would consider it a gift horse right now :)

Quoting myself, theres got to be something wrong with that...but see what I mean, the Market was giving them good $ and they should have taken it (you too if you own it). Yahoo opens @ 28 after MSFT offer and after 2 weeks manages to hit $30.25, today it closed at $25.85. Selling has come in here and I doubt anyone else is going to make an offer.

If I'm MSFT I'm saying to Yahoo, you know what, I'm going to lower my offer, you just aren't worth it :)

Last edited:

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
YHOO currently @ 23.27
Yahoo blew it and screwed shareholders.
Probably going to partner with Google for search ads.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just took another look at this specific topic out of curiosity. Yahoo did continue it's downtrend, eventually going as low as $8.94 in Nov 2008. That's a 70% loss from the high of the MSFT offer I mentioned back in 2008 (above). Yahoo didn't reach this high again ($30.25) until Sept 2013. This would constitute a 5 year period of "dead money" for anyone that held on during this period, only to enjoy a price of $46.46 today.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom