Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

You Just Never Know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delton77

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have over 2150 domain names and my wife has 74 names and out of those 74 she has 38 in Moniker's silent auction. I have exactly 0 in this auction. I thought that I was really understanding the whole business of selling names and she has proved me wrong once again. I have bought a lot of names that I intend to make into mini sites, which really seems to be the smart way to make more money. I also have had my account for cash parking at GoDaddy suspended due to unusual traffic on my names. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or not, but I clicked on my own sites and when I asked for reports to show this unusaul traffic, I was told they don't keep the records. If you are new to the game, please watch what you do and remember that you can't become rich over night, unless it's just your time. My wife has seemed to have found her time and has over xx,xxx bid on 4 of her 38 names already. Just beleive inyourself and remember once you make your first sale, you will truly be in the game!

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have over 2150 domain names and my wife has 74 names and out of those 74 she has 38 in Moniker's silent auction. I have exactly 0 in this auction. I thought that I was really understanding the whole business of selling names and she has proved me wrong once again. I have bought a lot of names that I intend to make into mini sites, which really seems to be the smart way to make more money. I also have had my account for cash parking at GoDaddy suspended due to unusual traffic on my names. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or not, but I clicked on my own sites and when I asked for reports to show this unusaul traffic, I was told they don't keep the records. If you are new to the game, please watch what you do and remember that you can't become rich over night, unless it's just your time. My wife has seemed to have found her time and has over xx,xxx bid on 4 of her 38 names already. Just beleive inyourself and remember once you make your first sale, you will truly be in the game!

My wife never sold a domain :lol:
I'm crazy if I think to return home and start speak of domains with her...the work is one thing, the Family life is another.
Better separate business and women or you can risk to loose both! :lol:

Last edited:

Delton77

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The cool thing is that my wife and I work has a team and so I'm stoked that she is doing so well. I will definitely be enjoying the fruits of her labor.

allroundguy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good team ...
Indeed, just one good sale can get You even further than wished.

It takes just that one person who wants Your domain and who pays what is asked for.
All arguments about hits, page views, SERP, etc. are web content related.
Arguments about SLD length, brandability, TLD, etc. are domain related.
But who knows what a potential buyer is looking for?

Of, course selling 1,000 domains with $1.00 profit makes $1,000.00 and 2,000 domains with $10.00 profit make ... and ...

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also have had my account for cash parking at GoDaddy suspended due to unusual traffic on my names. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or not, but I clicked on my own sites and when I asked for reports to show this unusaul traffic, I was told they don't keep the records. If you are new to the game, please watch what you do and remember that you can't become rich over night, unless it's just your time. My wife has seemed to have found her time and has over xx,xxx bid on 4 of her 38 names already. Just beleive inyourself and remember once you make your first sale, you will truly be in the game!

Hold on did you just say you clicked on your own domain names? And did you ask for a report about it? Well thats BAD very very very BAD BAD BAD BAD.
If you are doing that it means you are stealing money from my family and the family of many other domainers. Thanx God you were booted for click fraud. Its people like you that are taking down this industry. I would ban you right away if I was an admin since you just admitted you did click fraud. Anyway welcome to dnforum.I am shocked you are receiving positive responses on your topic.

LTroiani

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt expect someone with over 2000 domain to be unaware of the punishments for commiting click fraud. I think he was talking about earlier on in his career.

allroundguy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He clearly click to assess the parking system.
Reckoning what clicking it takes to make a full dollar, IMHO our friend had no fraud intentions.
I see not many people clicking hours long to gather a few cents, while making easy money buy selling domains.
Of course, I can be wrong.
But in case of doubt, it is in favor of Delton77, I think.

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it normal to click on your sites to asses a parking program?
I guess not, I never did it and I will never do it. How do you asses a parking program clicking your own ads?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It should be ok to visit your parked pages to see how they look, but ofcourse don't click on any ads. I think he just meant that he visited his parked pages. If you never visit your own domains, how do you know they are resolving, dns is right, forwarding is right, etc?

I am letting my wife handle negotiations for a possible domain sale now because she thinks I sell for too little. I definitely know the market better than she does, but we'll see how it goes.

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Visit is perfectly fine I visit my sites every single day, but "I clicked on my own sites" well if you click on your own sites that is not ok.

by the way there are domains where you can get a constant 15 USD per click just 2 clicks a day would make a hell lot of difference.

RedTruck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's a little exercise that might be interesting. Write down what it is that you look for when picking domain names. Ask your wife to do the same, without seeing your response, of course. Then compare notes.

Delton77

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First off what I meant to to write was I never clicked my own domain ads. Everyone checks out there pages and that normal. I have several names that would receive traffic on their own. The thing about Godaddy is that they could have easily shown me some kind of proof, which they didn't. I now have started developing my own sites and won't let them keep me down. My wife is now up to xx,xxx for her auctions and she could reach much higher before their finished. It also extremely important to keep your who is up to date and always check your spam mail, I've received two offers for names that I own over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom