Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

you may want to read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
radioz said:
Non-generic typos and spyware are another thing though. I doubt that many legitimate companies want ads delivered by methods that the customer never intentionally initiated and whose delivery is likely to be highly irritating. I suspect that I'd remember you well and make sure that I shopped the competition instead! I know that a lot of people here likely have TM misspellings but if nothing else, I sure wouldn't want my ad there if I was selling a legitimate product.

Well, i think you not understood how modern day direct marketing companies operate, even fortune 500 ones.

Every week, i receive spam fax advertisements from Dell - i'm lucky to use Winfax instead of a real fax machine, otherwise, i will be wasting 5 cents on thermal paper each time Dell sends me a spam.

Their strategy: saturate the market with their ads.

Consumers are funny creatures, a spam is only a spam when you have no wish to buy, but if you happen to be looking for a notebook, that Dell spam with the promotion code becomes a god sent gift, and you will forget all previous grievances.

The only way that PPC ads will be endangered, is by legislation.

Jothan

DNF OG
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This was a bad article. Not just because it casts an unfavorable light on the 'Domainer' community, but also because it was poorly written.

I was very dissapointed with the slant that was taken on the Washington Post article.

It smells of sensationalist editorial practice, and I have come to expect better from the Washington Post.

There were quotes taken out of context to slant their meaning or interpretation. They almost villify Duke through this process. This is just wrong.

There were also some glaring factual errors, such as them identifying the GM of Yahoo! as John Meyers vs Josh Meyers (something they later printed correction on, at least).

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jothan said:
This was a bad article. Not just because it casts an unfavorable light on the 'Domainer' community, but also because it was poorly written.

I was very dissapointed with the slant that was taken on the Washington Post article.

It smells of sensationalist editorial practice, and I have come to expect better from the Washington Post.

There were quotes taken out of context to slant their meaning or interpretation. They almost villify Duke through this process. This is just wrong.

There were also some glaring factual errors, such as them identifying the GM of Yahoo! as John Meyers vs Josh Meyers (something they later printed correction on, at least).
Newspaper are scared of the Internet. The printed press is living on borrowed time, so expect more sensationalism. That said, click fraud is real, but PPC isn't going to go away anytime soon - there is no other medium that allows such targeted advertising, and profit margins are a self-controlling factor in advertisers bids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom