Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

You'll Laugh your arse off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObtainADomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do any of you remember that kid trying to keep his domain name: fordtraining.com after Ford Moter Co. Sent him a C.D. order?

People made suggestions like put up an info page on how to cross a ford in a river or write about a training in a city named Ford.

I laughed so hard when I saw what he put up & I think you will too. Do you think it will keep Ford off his back?

http://www.fordtraining.com

ObtainADomain

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That made my night.:D :D :D :D :D :D

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:laugh:

RMF

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only on the internet......

Ford Motor Co. will surely cease and desist, and Harrison Ford will
certainly be proud. Goddamn hilarious - Thanks.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Looks as if I missed that - I'm getting a gateway timeout.

Maybe it was the raiders of the lost URL.

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
:eek: :laugh: :eek: :laugh: :eek: :laugh: :eek:

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is funny as hell! I love kids these days ...they are just so darn creative :)

Should be interesting to see what happens. I have to say when I was playing around thinking about possible things to do on this site, this topic NEVER entered my mind:) I think considering ford is gonna want this one and I think will follow thru....this was a great solution as to what to put up.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ROTFL! That's classic. :)

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hilarious! :laugh:

Now he not only has to worry about Ford Motor Company, but also Harrison Ford and whoever has the copyright on the photos, one of which would be George Lucas who is known for strictly protecting Star Wars intellectual property.

Talk about jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire...

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ford might actually have a plan for FordTraining.com, that's why they came after the name. They're gonna try to take it away from him anyway.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ummmm.... This is why the UDRP specifically refers to "prior to notification of a dispute" as the point in time at which a panel is going to look at how the domain name was being used.

S

Silverwire

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I don't understand the value of keeping the domain unless he has a real development plan.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jberryhill
Ummmm.... This is why the UDRP specifically refers to "prior to notification of a dispute" as the point in time at which a panel is going to look at how the domain name was being used.

does this mean the point after they sent out an e-mail notice or after they filed the dispute?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by .biz
Ford might actually have a plan for FordTraining.com, that's why they came after the name

Notice that Ford didn't waste time getting the C&D to the registrant. The domain name was regged 25-Nov-2002 and it seems the legal stuff came about 2.5 weeks later :eek:

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"does this mean the point after they sent out an e-mail notice or after they filed the dispute?"

"Notification of a dispute" for the purpose of the relevant portion of the UDRP has consistently been interpreted as the point in time at which the registrant is on notice that someone has a problem with the domain name.

There are some panelists who recognize that it takes time to develop a site, and will take into account the amount of time between the registration and the time that someone started bitching about it.

And, yes, I was mildly amused. I like Harrison Ford, and can't imagine why he would smoke a cigar while riding a bicycle. The fractured English adds just the right touch.

pljones

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your site certainly is amusing and creative. But you could have avoided the fight with Ford Motor by putting up this content before they sent you the letter. Keep us informed if you get another letter from Ford Motor.

HOWARD

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love it and think that it is a "legitimate business use". But j> Berryhiill is right. It should have been up BEFORE the C & D letter.

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The "Ford Training" part is reaching a bit. It is a funny site, fractured English and all.

I think the kid could keep the site if they put a little more into it. Show more content related to training, a specific kind of training, acting, cardio, etc.

It's nice to see a site where someone decided to have some fun and not sweat the possible UDRP etc.

Dave

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see that chevytraining.com is available. I do have some pictures of Chevy Chase working out smoking a cigarette. What if....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom