• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

$1 Auction thread problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain Master

Domain Master
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
4,225
Reaction score
40
I could be wrong but I have a continuous concern with the $1 auctions.

The problem surrounds "increment bids" following the initial $1 start. I have noticed that some sellers want an "increment bid" of anywhere from $5 to $100 as a followup to the $1 start.

And here is the problem: When no one follows through with an increment bid, they bump the thread continuously with all kinds of comments UNTIL A MOD COMES IN AND CLOSES THE THREAD.

This is not fair to the buyer..and the MOD is actually playing into the hands of the seller by closing the thread so he does not have to sell the domain for a dollar.

IMO the mod should close the thread BUT MAKE THE SELLER FOLLOW THROUGH ON THE $1 (or last bid) sale. Any opinions... suggestions ??
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
IMO, starting price should be $10 and NOT $1 as NO one like to sell his domain for just $1.
 
IMO, starting price should be $10 and NOT $1 as NO one like to sell his domain for just $1.

If you plan on letting it drop, 1 dollar is a dollar more than you would have gotten. In addition, sometimes it helps to get things moving starting at a buck.
 
Well realistically if you don't want your domain to sell for $1 then don't put it in the area. You have no guarantee that anyone will bid more than the initial bid so if you think its worth $20 or $50 etc then put it in a different area and that problem will be solved. It shouldn't be started at higher prices if its a $1 auction area. As far as the original post I agree I think with no reserve domains should be sold in this area.
 
I posted about this possibility in another thread here...
http://www.dnforum.com/f79/please-s...hread-closed-2-thread-426004.html#post1914260

I could be wrong but I have a continuous concern with the $1 auctions.

The problem surrounds "increment bids" following the initial $1 start. I have noticed that some sellers want an "increment bid" of anywhere from $5 to $100 as a followup to the $1 start.

And here is the problem: When no one follows through with an increment bid, they bump the thread continuously with all kinds of comments UNTIL A MOD COMES IN AND CLOSES THE THREAD.

This is not fair to the buyer..and the MOD is actually playing into the hands of the seller by closing the thread so he does not have to sell the domain for a dollar.

IMO the mod should close the thread BUT MAKE THE SELLER FOLLOW THROUGH ON THE $1 (or last bid) sale. Any opinions... suggestions ??
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom