• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

1 Million Yen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

New Member
The Originals
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
30,303
Reaction score
2,217
One million Japanese Yen is about $8,500

I'd like to know what impact does this amount of 1 million yen have in the Japanese culture and society. Is it perceived as a large sum in relation to goods and services (e.g price of cars) or it's an amount that a company would negotiate for?
 
Having lived in Japan for a total of 4 1/2 years I can say that, yes 1 mil sounds like alot, but it really isnt.

Even though, when shopping for cars, you will notice that the entire price isn't put on the front windshield, but just a fraction of it. I don't know if that is from laziness, to sike a buyer into looking more into the vehicles or all those zeros don't fit, or what...

Notice in the pic I took how the entire prices aren't on the windshields?
http://www.g35.us/d/DSC00188.jpg

i.e. 29.5 = 299,500 yen = 2,525.12 at todays rates.
 
Thanks Devil Dog. So I assume the price of a new car is closer to the 2 million yen mark.
 
LOL

I will explain the reason behind my question - I registered a .com; the .jp is owned by a business that exists for the past 3 years. Although the .jp site is billingual, it's odd that they didn't secure the .com

So I am trying not to shock them too much with an offer :D
 
Nihongo hana shi mas ka?

And do you have any Japanese IDNs?

Enough to get around town and whatnot. Hell, I'm 35 and still trying to get a good grasp of English. :D My wife was the official translator for the family as she took quite a few Japanese courses.

I do not have any IDN's unfortunately.

LOL

I will explain the reason behind my question - I registered a .com; the .jp is owned by a business that exists for the past 3 years. Although the .jp site is billingual, it's odd that they didn't secure the .com

So I am trying not to shock them too much with an offer :D

Good luck. I actually own the .com of the city I lived in in Japan which is a quite popular tourist destination. The .jp of course is regged also. Haven't really had much success though with it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom