• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

123reg.co.uk - avoid at all costs - read this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick update - I have been through their terms and conditions (ToS) and think I have nailed down the angle of attack!

Next stop, Trading Standards

Until the next instalment...
 
I have allways found 123-reg very good for .co.uk names, they are allmost allways registered instantly, however I have had a couple of problems, like someone said earlier, if the whois hasnt changed within about half an hour, you know theyve messed up, but you know they wont do anything untill the 48 hours it can take up to to propogate...

And their email support is awfull.

I regged a .co.uk that apeared in my control panel, but they didnt actually register, and it took them a week and a half to respond to my emails, asking me to email them back again with whois data so they can register it manuallly, another week later I had my domain.

Thankfully this has only hapened once.

On the up-side they are very cheap for .co.uk's - free transfer in and out and free accoutn push :-/
 
never had a problem with 123 reg, so I'm alarmed to hear about these problems.

Becoming a nominet tag holder is relatively cheap, so I expect that given these problems some of the people in this thread will want to investigate getting their own tag and drop script; certainly if one is registering 100's of .uk domains where 1 individual name is worth the thousands.
 
I don't think you need to be alarmed about 123-reg. The system usually seems to work well and if a name is very important then I would always try to register it through 3 companies and later go for any refund. It sounds as though customer services could be improved but if you just want to register a cheap .co.uk and forward the name, then 123-reg seems fine. It would be good if 123-reg could reassure us about the speed of the registrations.
 
yeah,

tbh, I don't know too much about how nominet works, and how you register names as a tag holder, I wonder if it would be worth a few of us clubbing together and getting a nominet tag between us for the purposes of registering our own domains ?

like I say, just an idea, as im not too sure how it works.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom