Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

14 Dot .US Names Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a $300 reserve for the complete set..will not break up unless you make me an offer that will change my mind :D

24 Hour Auction ends Wed 6:30 Pm ..Central Time

Bidding Starts at $300..

AnimatedGraphics.US
AutoRestoration.US
Cheetahs.US
ChristmasCarols.US
CollegeTextBooks.us
Dimples.US
Expectations.US
Insults.US
Itch.US
Lipps.US
MusicChart.US
Snot.US
Tornados.US
YAU.US

Paypal

Regfly push..

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Overture Results

32265 animated graphic

4427 auto restoration

70723 cheetah !

6146 christmas carol (this goes up to a feh hundred thosand monthly searches in oct.nov..dec)

4163 college text book

1367 dimples

1208 expectation

20076 insult

1686 itch

1066 lipps

33666 music chart

4854 snot

36068 tornados !

280 yau

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bid - I just spent that much on Name-Maker's .us sale, that's it for now! Good names tho.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by _Yakov_
Man, just as an advice.
It may be smart to keep the .US domains untill you see what happens when Kids.us opens. Hopefully it will emerge as wrote here. Take a look http://dnjournal.com/columns/us.htm

LOL! Yakov, do you know that Bidwinner is the one who wrote that article? :)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by _Yakov_
Man, just as an advice.
It may be smart to keep the .US domains untill you see what happens when Kids.us opens. Hopefully it will emerge as wrote here. Take a look http://dnjournal.com/columns/us.htm

Yes Yakov, that is me.. I also have another 100 dot US.. I am simply testing the response..I'll list this group again after the release of kids.us ....

1/2 left ....

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great article Dan - I had read that and never put it together with you - Very well done!!! Thanks for pointing that out - kvinsencius - Good list of names above Dan - Good Luck - Steve

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks CP..

Speaking of Kids.US..

in th email today..

Q&A about KIDS.US, NeuStar's "Child-Friendly" Domain
Although it's still in the final planning stages, the KIDS.US domain promises to become a favorite place for young American Internet users to "play, learn and surf." In fact, anyone can operate a .KIDS.US site as long as they meet U.S. Nexus requirements, and anyone can access a site. Here are just a handful of questions and answers to get you acquainted:

What is the kids.us domain?
The kids.us domain will provide a trusted online forum for children 13 and under. We expect possible uses to include (but not be limited to) educational sites, entertainment sites, government websites for children and content from children's community groups.

Why a special domain for kids?
It provides a centralized location where content restrictions can be effectively applied to ensure the appropriateness of content for children. Similar restrictions, if applied to the Internet as a whole, would be both inappropriate and impossible to enforce.

How will NeuStar ensure the safety of the kids.us domain?
NeuStar is developing detailed processes and procedures to ensure that content is acceptable both when posted and on an ongoing basis. We will use a combination of technology and human intervention to monitor kids.us sites. Of course, NeuStar's efforts cannot and should not replace the necessary role of parents in monitoring their children's use of the Internet. NeuStar does hope, however, that kids.us will provide an important tool for parents and educators.

When will kids.us be available?
Although the kids.us domain is not required to be operational until the fourth quarter of 2003, NeuStar is aggressively working to offer registrations by mid-2003. A detailed schedule will be made available soon on www.kids.us and www.neustar.us.

Where do you buy these names? Where do I find out more?
All names will be sold through accredited kids.us Registrars. A list of accredited Registrars and other pertinent information will be made available on www.kids.us and www.neustar.us soon.

WE just entered the 2nd quater.. the impresion I get is late summer..I assume they would want to open at least a month before School starts again in Sept..

Ummm a July 4th opening would be on scheduel and quite appropriate !

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I told you before Dan, but it was a great article! I have always thought that you are one of the most knowledgeable people in this forum when it comes to the .us.

Keep up the good work on .us Dan!

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dan - Have you heard anything about when the .us lockedup (reserved) names will be available to the general public? I have a list of all locked-up domains that they never rolled out and there are some super generic names in the huge list. Just curious - Thought maybe you had heard something or I missed it? Thanks Steve

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CPiSites
Dan - Have you heard anything about when the .us lockedup (reserved) names will be available to the general public? I have a list of all locked-up domains that they never rolled out and there are some super generic names in the huge list. Just curious - Thought maybe you had heard something or I missed it? Thanks Steve

Thanks Kim,

Steve, they continue to change the "drop date" every month..

I have a feeling they are just going to continue with that strategy..

http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25712

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dan - I am sorry I did not see that thread - I read the same thing on the website and thought that maybe you knew more - Kind of a scam and it is acting a bit like the .tv and .cc process and next we will be bidding on them at pre-determined prices? I have the list of reserved names if you ever need it - Thanks Steve

Y

_Yakov_

Originally posted by CPiSites
Thanks Dan - I am sorry I did not see that thread - I read the same thing on the website and thought that maybe you knew more - Kind of a scam and it is acting a bit like the .tv and .cc process and next we will be bidding on them at pre-determined prices? I have the list of reserved names if you ever need it - Thanks Steve

I need. Would you be willing to share it? :)
Please PM me if you would.

Y

_Yakov_

Article is good. Basically after I read it, I promtly bought Adults.us
Hope everything is goes as expected.
If anyone is willing to share the list of domanis that are still oh hold and basic ideas on when they are about to be released, I'll be really appriciated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom