• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

16 Clicks- one day... why so little $?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOwner

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
Hello to all,
well I am new to adsense as of today.
and just put up google adsense on my site for the first time ever today...
and I had 16 Clicks and 900 Page Impressions.
...however I only made (I know Im not allowed to tell but I think it will be ok in this case) $2.00

Why such little money?
anyone have any tips for me, b/c seem to be getting a nice amount of CLICKS, but LOW money per click.

Please let me know,
Thanks in advance!:greencool:
 
It depends on the keywords...some pay 2 cents, some pay $20+
 
^Yeah true, how can I change the keywords tho...
...I thought you could change them in the control panel of GOOGLE/adsense.

however obviously I see they change theirselves.
I have my ADs on a FORUM... so the add changes every forum.

What is the best way to get them high paying keywords?

I assume high payers are... Sex, Debt, Money, Free, etc... right?

Thanks for your help, APPRECIATE IT!
 
it's not anything from the control panel...adsense picks up the keywords from the content of your site.

high payers: credit cards,loans,mortgage,home equity, refinancing,etc.

you would have to develop a site containing these keywords in order to profit from them..assuming that you have traffic.
 
TheOwner said:
Hello to all,
well I am new to adsense as of today.
and just put up google adsense on my site for the first time ever today...
and I had 16 Clicks and 900 Page Impressions.
...however I only made (I know Im not allowed to tell but I think it will be ok in this case) $2.00

Why such little money?
anyone have any tips for me, b/c seem to be getting a nice amount of CLICKS, but LOW money per click.

Please let me know,
Thanks in advance!:greencool:

thats around 2% clickthrough rate , thats good for a forum., as forums generaly aren't great for adsense.
 
^Yes true I am VERY happy with the click rate!
Hopefully I can get the content to favor higher paying ads.

thanks!
 
Hopefully I can get the content to favor higher paying ads.

So you should discuss in your forum topics like: mesothelioma lawyers, Loans and credit card applications, Insurance etc. ;)
 
Definately the keywords. Another step is to sign up for yahoo publisher network if you are in the US and can get them to send you an invite. Their payout per click is much higher than adsense.
 
^Thanks will do. that with yahoo.
and yes I have started talking about high paying keywords...
problem is its an AUTO related forum...
So basically I can only get insurance as one of the keywords.
 
insurance leads, car leads are excellent, forums are low converting in general. Also think car parts, specific car parts, tuners, etc... Do you have lots of categories for these extra keywords? if not, make them.
 
^good point, thank you.

Yeah TODAY I had 21 Clicks!
but still only made $2.xx :(

I am trying to get keywords worked in there for sure.
car "Insurance" is easy and yeah the car parts as well.

Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom