• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

2 character .cc sold for $2000. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

everydayprofit

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
796
Reaction score
0
In the last 2 months, I have sold two 2 character .cc names. I got $2000 or one...and $1000 for the other.

These were LN names.....was a nice sale! For the buyers' sake, I am not disclosing the names. Just thought some of you .cc owners would like to hear!

Afer those sales...I bought AA.cc :)

//everydayprofit
 
lol yeah i got ex.cc in the same sale..

Good to see both those sales were LN
 
wow...
a good sale...

and ...AA.cc....not bad
 
.cc is a horrible extension

But good job on making some cash with it :-)
 
Wow, nice sales.
I still have 7 LN.cc's and can't even get offers of $50... Maybe you'd want to broker mine to your buyer for a commission :)
 
oh yeah dont get me wrong.. i dont like cc at all..

99.99% of my portfolio is .com.. just brought one cause i thought i might as well have one haha
 
what is kinda funny is...I actually get some traffic on ALL the 2 letter/character .cc names that I have.

As for people not liking .cc extenson...ANY extenson can be a good extension if you promote it properly. ;) We havea saying in the music industry...when people say...what kind of gear do you use for production....the answer is...a good producer can use ANYthing....it is not what you use, but how you use it.

Same goes with domains...it is not necessarily what yu have, but how you promote it. ;)

//everydayprofit
 
Music to my ears. :) I also purchased tr.cc from the same sale.

I actually like the .cc extension especially better then .ws, .sc etc. I develop quite a few .cc domains and from a visitors point of view, I can tell you that .cc is easier to remember and brand then quite a few other extensions.
 
yeah....thre names that i sold were actually before that sale of the 2 letter .ccs on here. That is what made me want to buy AA.cc!

Yes...as for being more memorable. It is one of the more memorable extensions.

//everydayprofit
 
everydayprofit said:
We havea saying in the music industry...when people say...what kind of gear do you use for production....the answer is...a good producer can use ANYthing....it is not what you use, but how you use it.


//everydayprofit


Now Aint That the Truth!
 
All it would take is for a .cc domain name to be mentioned on a popular tv show or movie, for example, and it could gain more popularity quick. .cc has been picking up lately anyway, co.cc sold for $5,000 and I think it was compare.cc that sold for $4,000. There have been more low 4 figure sales in .cc this year than I've seen in the past. After you get past the top extensions, .cc is not a bad alternative, still good for SEO, affordable, and available through most every registrar. I think it's a case of when all the top names are gone in the top extensions, people/companies have to look at cheaper alternatives, and that's why .info, .biz and others have picked up. .cc isn't the best but it has a place, and is probably worth owning a few if they are good keywords, 2 characters, etc.
 
WHAT the! Now i feel like a sucker selling a huge porportion of my 2 character for around $50 a piece on ebay :(

Still got my 3d.cc and 2d.cc though :D
 
everydayprofit said:
In the last 2 months, I have sold two 2 character .cc names. I got $2000 or one...and $1000 for the other.

These were LN names.....was a nice sale! For the buyers' sake, I am not disclosing the names. Just thought some of you .cc owners would like to hear!

Afer those sales...I bought AA.cc :)

//everydayprofit
Thanks for sharing your .CC successes - keep the .CC dream alive!

Best Success in ALL Your Endeavours!
 
Congrats on your sales!
Same goes with domains...it is not necessarily what yu have, but how you promote it. ;)
So it's the how that we're interested to know ;-) It's always good to get some good tips and pointers :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom