• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

2 good ways to attract offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
1,760
Reaction score
0
Low ball offers that is. I don't mean this in any bad way, since I have sold a number of bad names which I intended to get rid of.

The idea is to let your domain names expires and then renews it back before it is too late. (Of course it all depends on rather your name is decent or not.) I guess there are just too many people out there monitoring expiration lists. The moment I renew my domains within the grace period allowed, I will start getting offers for the name. Most are lowball offers, but then again, it's better to get something than nothing. Remember, if someone wants your name and tries to backorder it, they will have to pay at least $60 for fee. But if they can buy from you for $60 directly, they can avoid the bidding war which only registrars benefits at the very end.

Another way is to post on forums for appraisals. Soon after, my sedo account will receive full of $60 offers for names which I got appraisals for $xxxx each. :)

Just want to share what works out for me. Let me know if it will work for you too.

Regards,

Kawing
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom