• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

2 numbers away from 30 Million Dollars!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernTn

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
2,025
Reaction score
0
Well, Tennessee has had the lottery for about 2 - 3 years now I believe. (Cant really remember)

But, I said hey, its a chance to win 30 Million dollars.. So I found an old ticket , figured it could be fate :cool: and played the numbers


Out of 6 numbers, I had 4 right.


The ones I missed were soooooo close.

I had >>> 24 , 41

The last two winning numbers were >>> 34 , 40



:upset: .. So, I won only $100.00 , could have been $400 if I payed an extra dollar more lol
 
Not sure how many numbers are in that lottery, but in a game where you choose 6 numbers from a possible 49.

Chance of 4 correct is 1,031 : 1
Chance of 6 correct is 13,983,816 : 1

Significantly different odds ;)

Or if you prefer, to win your prize you only had to play 1,031 times, but to win the jackpot you'd have to play 13 million times..
 
Congrats on the $100. Two off would have made my day.
 
The wife does it over here in the UK, same set up I think as yours in Tennessee, we win the occasional £10 for 3 correct numbers but nothing more than that.

Congratulations on your win.
 
Not sure how many numbers are in that lottery, but in a game where you choose 6 numbers from a possible 49.

Chance of 4 correct is 1,031 : 1
Chance of 6 correct is 13,983,816 : 1

Significantly different odds ;)

Or if you prefer, to win your prize you only had to play 1,031 times, but to win the jackpot you'd have to play 13 million times..



Yea, we pick 6. so I was 4/6 .. the numbers were


19-22-30-34-52 40 ( in that exact order )

My ticket read


19-22-30-24-52 41

So, you'd have to imagine the look on my face when the first three were correct in the exact order.

Thought I was about to come onto dnforum and buy up alot of stuff! :upset: and even spread a little bit of the new found wealth to people randomly.. yes, im that nice haha
 
I prefer scratchers. It's a much more entertaining way to lose your money.
 
scratchers ? like you get off a dirty broad ?
 
I prefer scratchers. It's a much more entertaining way to lose your money.

Try Domaining - Its an even more entertaining way to lose your money. :lol:

and I know the feeling :yes:
 
..at 13 million and a jackpot of 30 mill you could play every combo and cross your fingers that you are the only one that hits it...lol
 
..at 13 million and a jackpot of 30 mill you could play every combo and cross your fingers that you are the only one that hits it...lol


Ill play it again Wednesday.. Ill return to DNF a millionaire then :yes: .. And I promise to buy one of your names Mocus, so cross your fingers I hit too lol
 
Ill play it again Wednesday.. Ill return to DNF a millionaire then :yes: .. And I promise to buy one of your names Mocus, so cross your fingers I hit too lol

No. Promise to buy a name from EVERYONE! ;) I would be on a buying spree if I won!
 
..at 13 million and a jackpot of 30 mill you could play every combo and cross your fingers that you are the only one that hits it...lol
__________________

I never thought of it like that. Looks like I'm all in.
 
Not that it really matters, but if you were playing Tennessee Powerball your odds of picking 6 were: 1-146,107,962

Odds picking 4: 1-14,254

Definitely not a good idea to try and buy all the tickets!
 
Humm...
I haven't played Powerball for few months.
I guess I'll try it out :-)

If I win, most of that money will go into buying domains as well :-)
 
2 numbers away from 30 Million Dollars .

If you won you would have a whole new set of problems.

Plus, it would throw you into the maximum tax bracket.
:lol:
 
if my aunt had two balls she'd be my uncle

;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom