Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

auctions $23 revenue in 5 days * Truequotes.net * Starting at $1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ashaw1387 said:
PM ME your email address and ill GLADLY send you screenshots! I dont have my screenshots hosted, therefore i cant give you a link to them!
Here's two from another forum where the clicks are the same (14) but the revenue is different:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1588&d=1128572123 <-- 14 clicks USD $23

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1586&d=1128552261 <-- 14 clicks USD $17

What's up there?

From http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=31672 and http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=31707

Domain summit 2024

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's too awesome. ;)

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my domain has only been parked for 4 days... everytime i post the rev is higher... if you want stats i will gladly send them to you

Sarcle said:
That's too awesome. ;)

how do you put stats in a link?

Ashaw1387 said:
my domain has only been parked for 4 days... everytime i post the rev is higher... if you want stats i will gladly send them to you

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It went up $6 for 2 impressions? Huh?

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the lower rev one is a screenshot i took before...the higher rev one is a screenshot i took later... the domain has made 28 dollars in the last 4 days... the only reason that has changed is because the 4th day is not over yet

latest stats!!!!!!!!!!!

i think i was misunderstanding what you were saying... have you every used namedrive before... if you have you will notice that they are a bit delayed... sometimes you will get clicks, they will show, but the rev will not increase till later... thats the only reason that is out of line... other then that, the stats ive just posted are from 2 min ago

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PS - you shouldn't have this listed on other forums with a BIN price when it's on auction here. If someone posts sold on the other forum, you can't close this auction. It can hurt your reputation on either forum. You should remove those sales.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok will do right now... thanks...

also... do you understand what happend?

im not really sure what is being suggested from sarcle that I did wrong...to me...this isnt makeing much sense... stats dont lie...and i can send stats at anytime proving my rev and clicks... maybe i need to be filled in... i feel like i am missing the point

this domain was bought from avalon here on DNF, he sold it to be for $75 dollars telling me that he gaurentees 16 dollars every 5 days.... he told me all the info, and sure enough it was all true...

everyting seems to be worked out with sircle... i dont know if this thread can be taken out or deleted or what...

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ashaw1387 said:
Sorry folks...THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED THANKS TO Sarcle's TRASHING.

The questions were related to traffic. You can't close this, people have bids. This is still open. Moderators will monitor the questions.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will restart this auction in a diffrent, CLEAN thread, starting with the highest bidder.

Andrew Shaw

GiantDomains said:
The questions were related to traffic. You can't close this, people have bids. This is still open. Moderators will monitor the questions.

gatorgrad

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still have some questions but GiantDomains questions probably have to do with the fact that NameDrive initially only pays usually .11/click and then updates the full ppc amount 48 hours later.

I just added a domain there to try it out and that's what happened to me. notice on his two screenshots in question there was no increase in # of clicks but there was a significant increase in average ppc.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ashaw1387 said:
I will restart this auction in a diffrent, CLEAN thread, starting with the highest bidder.

Andrew Shaw
Keep this thread open. Do not start a new one. The questions are traffic related. You are the only one holding back this thread.

All questions related to the domain only please.

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems like some clarification needs to be made here. As I am right smack in the middle fo this. Once upon a time.....

Ashaw had posted a request in the chatroom that he was looking for traffic domains. I owned TrueQuotes.net and it was receiving 1-3 visitors per day parked at ND. I had some great keywords which was making $3.24/click with a high of $3.80. So in 5 days it had made me $16.20 as can be seen in SCREENSHOT 1
SCREENSHOT 2

Day 1
I sold the names clearly telling him that I wouldn't consider these much of 'traficc names' since I only have the stats for 5 days of which 2 of the days had no visitors. I also said that I would gaurantee the current stats for 2 weeks, meaning since they were so minimal getting 0-3 guess wereever they were coming from would continue. The gaurantee was simply that the name is not going to go flat in 2 weeks. My experience with domain names is that if it's geting something, they don't just die out. So anyways, I told him I need some quick cash to get someone to help me out with the site I'm working on now, SmartInvestment.org and to help me with the Mambo. He agreed. In later conversations I told him not to expect to get deals like this again and it's only because I'm in a bind here because normal industry sale is 10-24X monthly profit. He said ok.

Day 2
Ashaw emails me telling me the stats are only .10 per click and asking me what's going on. I tell him ND takes 48 hours to resolve actual clicks. etc. Just.

Day 3
He emails me saying Wow! The name is getting a huge amount of traffic and clicks. And I'm like damn, how so. Another lost for me. While in the chat room he started quoting stats to folks and day were WAY higher then the 0-3 visitors I was getitng. I assumned nothing of it. Later that day I see him post an auction selling the name. Before that he had asked me if I thought he should have posted the name for sell. I told him no because the stats are too young to try to sell it to someone. Wait and see where the traffic is coming from. I told him to take it off ND for the weekend and park it with someone where he can get stats. It's that day that I saw people starting questioning the stats he had posted because they were a little off.

Day 4
Today Scorp ask me if I had sold the name to Ashaw I told him yes. I asked him why, And then I was told that I could post the link to the stats to them here since members were raising questions to his stats.

I'm not sure what necessarily happened or is happening, but something is fishy. I was extremely clear when I sold the name that traffic was not verifiable and extremly low, only the CTR made it decent. The only place I could imagine traffic to have been coming from was my Sedo listings where I also have TrueQuotes.net and my other names in the Description area for all my names. I sold the name under no pretence but it seems that it is being offered with some misinterpretation. My stats are as I said they were and I hope this little blurb can help shed some light on this.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry... but i cant resume this auction in this thread... you know as well as I do that this thread has had a negitive effect on my domain sale.

Auction has ended... im very sorry

I think bidding should start over as well... As i dont feel comfortable selling this domain to people that bid before all this arose... I want people to be informed about exactally what they are bidding on... Therefore I am restarting this domain... its simply the best and honest thing to do.

It may even be a good idea for me to gather more stats in say a month's time frame, so I can give you more reliable information... does everyone agree with me?

Andrew Shaw

new stats

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7863/truequotesuptodate9hl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators