Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed *24h.com ?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenchie

What do you think about any name (like laundry, or car, or trip, etc...) immediately followed by 24h (24h= 24 hours, I hope no different understanding is possible).

Except the bad position with search engines and Overture, is that combination still feasible and branding ?

anothernewbie

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
feasible and brandable? probably yes.

valuable? hardly so. too many alternatives:

*24h.com
24h*.com
*24hours.com
24hour*.com

plus "24h" in a name sounds horrible to me

again, it's only my humble opinion

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
24h domains are short and catchy - problem is there are tooo many of them expireing 2,000 dot coms alone acording to deleteddomains.

Truth - I see some of those and the domain pangs hit me again, recovering domainahlic here ;)

I like to visit websites that are not operating 24hr, with some rest, the website performance should increase! Any advice where to find those sites? Thx.net! :sleep:

F

Frenchie

I understand from Dotcomster that it can be difficult to resist when you find some exciting name. For price of a quick lunch, I did'nt resist too, and just posted 2 names with "credit". Thank you for your appreciation...

Goh, do'nt be desperate : most names with 23h, 22h, and even with 1h (for most lazy of us) are still available...

Originally posted by Frenchie
I understand from Dotcomster that it can be difficult to resist when you find some exciting name. For price of a quick lunch, I did'nt resist too, and just posted 2 names with "credit". Thank you for your appreciation...

Goh, do'nt be desperate : most names with 23h, 22h, and even with 1h (for most lazy of us) are still available...

Darn, you mean I miss the best one 24h! Since I miss the best one, I better stay out of those 24h. Thx.net for your advice frenchie!

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is 24h same as 24hr in certain parts of the world?

ie. minute - min.
second - sec.
centometer - cm
kilometer - km
hour -?

F

Frenchie

Yes, at least in France & Belgium ... I do'nt know in other countries ... That's a good question !

In French:
minute = min
seconde = s
kilomètre = km
mètre = m
heure = h

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just looked and "h" is the recomended unit symbol for "hour" for IEEE publications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators