Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

301 redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaomega

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a website with content. Let say the domain is abc.net with subdomain forum.abc.net.

the condition is such that www.forum.abc.net has PR 7, whereas forum.abc.net has PR N/A because of 301 redirection to the www page.

My problem is that when i did some update, i accidentally delete the redirection codes from .htaccess file. I read some articles and have tried the following to redirect the non-www subdomain to www again:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^forum.abc.net [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.forum.abc.net/$1 [L,R=301]

When i test run the redirection by keying in "forum.abc.net", the browser prompts me an error of infinite looping for the redirection. Can any help me solve the problem?

Tekime

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this still a problem? The rewrite looks fine. You may have an .htaccess file in your base folder and the forums folder which are causing a conflict - I'd check this first!

alphaomega

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep the site is fine now. The source problem is from "rel canonical" that comes with SEO-all-page plugin for wordpress causing the page to redirect back to non-www.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators