Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed 3GTech.Biz

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024
T

Tee

I think it could work wanda. I have the longer version of this name. .Biz is a difficult sell for many reasons so I'm not so sure about it.

But definitely, good luck with it.

T

Tee

Actually, 3Gtech is a pretty good name with great branding potential. Probably better than 3Gtechnology. One of the reasons I like 3gtechnology is that I think when it get hot again, the name lends it self to easily be remembered because it flows so well.

It rhymes: 3 gee techologee. I think it has the makings of a monster buzzword. I love names that flow and sound good.

I think 3gtech would make a great brand.

yae, i'm gonna do an overture check on both the full extension of technology & tech.

i'm sure when i reg'd tech, i checked for technology, and it was most likely taken.

both names are good, in my opinion.

they may be ahead of their time..

but worthy of direct marketing to this biz sector
4sure.

i would be happy to pkg the two together, if you feel it's a stronger name pkg. i do believe it would be.

on owner, having both.. yae, that's power to them..
and they like that.

let me know your thoughts on that.

well here's the last mth results
3G = 8,251 searches
3G Technology = 903
3G Tech = ZIP/0

my 3GTech name rec'd -0- searches
your 3G Technology name rec'd 903

what do ya think?

wow.. there is something to be said.. of those overture stats.. and that is
a) not always the SHORTER version is the best keyword searched

b) in this case the full 'technology' word rec'd the searches.. where the shorter version of technology ie: tech did not rec' any..

so short is not always best..

the FULL WORD.. in this case, is the winning overture search.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WandaMay
wow.. there is something to be said.. of those overture stats.. and that is a) not always the SHORTER version is the best keyword searched. b) in this case the full 'technology' word rec'd the searches.. where the shorter version of technology ie: tech did not rec' any.. so short is not always best.. the FULL WORD.. in this case, is the winning overture search.

This is something I have been saying for ages but few ever believed me. Short is not always best as most domain speculators wrongly think.

I know of zillions of names where the longer name is far more valuable than the shorter one, and I own a lot like that :) which I have been steadily reg'ing since 1999, especially when the new larger size limits were first allowed late in the year.

I have many names where I reg'd the long spelled out word phrases and never bothered with the short ones, the abbreviations and slang terms.

People search for the real names and real words, that's why Overture shows no searches for your name but lots for spelled out longer phrase.

Originally posted by RealNames

This is something I have been saying for ages but few ever believed me. Short is not always best as most domain speculators wrongly think.

I know of zillions of names where the longer name is far more valuable than the shorter one, and I own a lot like that :) which I have been steadily reg'ing since 1999, especially when the new larger size limits were first allowed late in the year.

I have many names where I reg'd the long spelled out word phrases and never bothered with the short ones, the abbreviations and slang terms.

People search for the real names and real words, that's why Overture shows no searches for your name but lots for spelled out longer phrase.

right on.

right.

exactly.

my shorter 3Gtech
is less worthy then
3GTechnology

and worthy to intake here..
in regards to value's speculation.

my name is shorter,
but is not worth even a % of
the long version.

T

Tee

I like the 3gtech for branding, not for its 0 searches on overture. 1,000 searches is nothing to write home about either. 3gTech sounds cool. Like biotech.

Personally, of my 3gnames, I think 3gtechnology.net is the best with .us just behind it. The .org is alright too I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators