• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

7 day wait for 'prospective' buyer not to respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
2,337
Reaction score
35
One of the most irritating things about this business I find is when you have a domain parked with a service and you recieve a very low-ball offer, you counter-offer (with comment) thennot only do you never hear from the 'prospective' buyer again, but more infuriating is the fact that they do not even bother cancelling the negotiations!

:upset: :upset: :upset:

Now I know you can set a 'minimum bid amount' but when you are talking of 1,000+ domains it is both time consuming and tedious trying to calculate a minimum bid amount, besides which when I have had these in place the prospective buyers seem to take this as your asking price!

Just a little rant at nearly 1.30 am here!
 
Being a buyer myself, I believe your buyers lose interest after seeing the high price, though as a seller I agree it's irritating :o
You might try to say you're looking for more, or that you had higher offers, without naming the price to make them offer more :)
 
For me, if a buyer offers a small amount and I counter high I don't expect them to respond. What irritates me is when you have a solid lead for your asking price and THEN they don't respond.
 
Being a buyer and a seller I always cancel the negotiations straight away if I consider the sellers counter offer way too high and unreasonable as a negotiating starting point.

Perhaps it is the high price that puts a prospective purchaser off, but surely to cancel a negotiation would be just common decency.
 
Or how about when you accept an offer, and then don't hear back from them - timewasters - but I guess you're going to get a few, same with any business.
 
or what about when they answer you and accept your bid, and then pay right away in paypal, and you push the domain- god that kills me! :dance:
 
You're referring to the Sedo process, obviously. It's annoying at times but I have found that a prospective buyer plays the game several times, each time tweaking their offer. Personally, if they don't budge after my first counter-offer I cancel the offer. Sometimes it will be me that won't respond to begin with, if the initial offer is ridiculous.

PS Smashf, I sent you a PM a while back, please get back to me with a yay or a nay. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom