Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

A DNForum software bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have noticed an ongoing 'bug' in the dnforum software.

When clicking on View New Posts sometimes many old posts also appear, ones I have already read. For example, a few minutes ago dozens appeared that I already read. :confused:

However, at other times it seems the opposite is so as not all new posts are there, only a few of them. When I go back and look at the threads I see new posts there which were not on the View New Posts list. :confused:

Upvote 0
Domain summit 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At the time I write this my prior 3 posts in this thread all say they are Post 51, they magically changed from 50 to 51 a minute ago.

Here is the copy on the screen - "Registered: Apr 2002
Local time: 08:12 AM, Location: Arizona, Posts: 51, Points: 253"

All 3 read the same, not sure what will now happen when this is submitted but it's obviously a software bug. No big deal but it is odd.

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Hi RealNames,

Just to clarify the post # part, the post count shown on the left bar shows how mny posts you currently have, so it will appear the same number on all your posts at one time, it doesn't work like your 50th post will show up as "Posts: 50", it's just your total posts.

Also, you're right, sometimes the new posts search shows up threads which you've already read, maybe just wait a few minutes and try it again, I've come across this problem also.

Originally posted by RealNames
After submitting all 4 posts now say Post 52 and all say 255 Points. A very odd bug. This one will likely change all 5 posts to read Post 53 on all 5.
The information in the little box to the left of your post is about you, not about your post.

As you may have noticed by now, it displayes your total post count, not the number of the post next to it...

-t

Please explain, why do 5 different posts only count as one post? :confused:
They don't.

Every time you post your post count goes up by one.

-t

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thewitt

They don't. Every time you post your post count goes up by one.
-t

These replies are getting very odd.

If that is so why do all the above posts have the same post count instead of being increased by 1 for each new post?

Am I nuts or is someone else nuts? :confused:

realnames,

I think the latest post count is shown on all you old posts, so they all will say "55".

If that is so why do all the above posts have the same post count instead of being increased by 1 for each new post?

Am I nuts or is someone else nuts? :confused:
It's you...

I'll repeat what I said earlier. Read it again.
The information in the little box to the left of your post is about you, not about your post.
This means you have a post count - at the time of this posting - of 55. Your total post count will show in the little box to the left of each post you make. The little box with information about you, is NOT about the particular post you are reading, but it about YOU.

Make sense now? Am I still speaking in greek?

-t

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators