Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed A few .info domains

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Clever info's. You are onto something with AMFM.info and the words are so common they are no longer acronyms ( I mean they still are we don't think of them that way :) . Would complement a .com very well. 3DScreensaver.info is the weakest for obvious reasons.

Glad to see some well thought money-fetching domains. Still think AMFM could fetch as much as all the others put together. Dunno, somewhere in the thousands - still training my .info sensors....

I agree. Something about the AMFM.info just sounds right. A very interesting .info domain name!

for .info's to have any real resale value right now they need to be strong root terms.

whether .info domains like the ones above will ever have appreciable value depends on if or how far .info permeates the corporate world.

J

joe

I learned not to invent domains, it was painful to invent for NUFFIN.

Now I goto overture, typeie a common word, like sex, game, picture etc, than I check the search munbers, if it's high, that means a lot of people search that word.

Then I typein the search term like sex story, free sex story, etc one by one into register.com to see if any domain with those words are still aviliable.

That's how I find growweed.info, freesexpicture.info etc.

It took me 3 years to get here, but I'll never invent domains again, it's a waste of time and money.

USE goto tools, find most searched keywords and find if there's any good ones left!

Hope this helps.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by joe
I learned not to invent domains, it was painful to invent for NUFFIN.

Now I goto overture, typeie a common word, like sex, game, picture etc, than I check the search munbers, if it's high, that means a lot of people search that word.

Then I typein the search term like sex story, free sex story, etc one by one into register.com to see if any domain with those words are still aviliable.

I just got free-sex-story.net, I hope it would bring me some traffic:rolleyes:

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At this time I think mostlly generic-real words for .info (of which I would say AMFM.info qualifies and is pretty good).

As for inventing new tech or brandable words, I think it is still worth a shot in .com if done well. For example, there are a number of words which I invented and have the domains for... and hav had some nibbles on... They are now listed in multiple places on Google, and may some day become widespread. One has to do with the field of evolutionary robitcs (Evobot), which I coined before IdeaLab formed their latest venture. Or the growing field of medical robitics... (Medibotics)... the third is for genetically engineering immunity... (Genomunity).... or how about the field of genetically engineered plants ? (Genobotics) or computer-assisted sight through neural implants? (Nervision) Or a word for holographic memory for computers that will probably be big in a couple years. My favorite such gamble is (Virtie) for a virtual reality movie/application. I realize that these are gambles, but they are fun... and who knows ... *Someone* came up with the word "television" once upon a time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators