• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

A good google sitemap maker, program

Status
Not open for further replies.

mambo

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
Hi,


Ive tried some sitemap software now, and they arent exactly great, i need to be able to:

- Exclude some url`s, like private_message etc...
- Remove the SSID tag that shows up


I woud ask you for a program name, that you have acctually tried, and not just googled, because theres tons of crap out there it seems.

Kind regards,

maaaaambo
 
No replies, oh my!

- And one that acctually reads the damn robots.txt
 
Mambo:

Do you have a robots.txt file on your sites now? There a couple of steps you need to take in order to make that happen
 
Got a great free one for you - gsitecrawler - used it a 100 times and it has never failed to please. Does exactly as you want - set exclusions via your existing robots.txt or any that you stipulate on top of that. Exclude directories, certain file types - whatever you want.
http://gsitecrawler.com/

The main site seems to be down though. I have it in a zip here somewhere. If I find it I will PM you and you can dowload it from me if the site doesn't come back up.
 
scottle: yes i have it on my site :) we get indexed with 20.000 pages one day in Google, then drop down too 120 the other one oO


Hey whitebark, that would be awsome. I noticed their site beeing down since yesterday, so if you want to PM me, go ahead :D

Kind regards,

Chris
 
Chris:
As long as you have a robots.txt file on your site goand follow the directions. I have used it on over 12 websites and it's worked every time. In 2 months most of my sites have gone from "way out" to the top 3 pages of Google but I I know how to write content and as everyone knows that's all important now.
Go to:
http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

Good luck


Scott
 
That site url you gave me is the first one that gets rid off the ssid tags, and excludes the pages in my robots file, thanks a lot!

Ill be buying a full ver of that one :angel:
 
The GSiteCrawler homepage is back up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom