• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

A pat on the back

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMJ

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2003
Messages
2,339
Reaction score
0
Very few of you know that I sold off almost all my names, took what little money I had and took a dive into another passion of mine, food, and opened a restaurant. While I'm losing money right and left and not sure I can keep the doors open. lmao I just found out this morning from someone who watched the news last night that from my first health inspection I made the top score of the week out of countless of other restaurants in town .
 
Congrats!

Print out that news article and put it on your restaurant wall :D
 
Good luck with the venture and congratulations! What type of food and where are you located? And I have to commend you on your courage! Sell domains that are fundamentally a very good business for (x you fill in the blank) and go into restaurants which is fundamentally a bad business for ( x you fill in the blank) - following your heart - priceless!
 
Great story - best of luck to you! Food business is HARD but persevere!
 
Congrats John! Maybe this added exposure will help get a bit more customers in. There's nothing like following your heart!
 
Yeh, good luck! I hear its hard work, but if your failing, get Gordon Ramsay round, he redoes restaurants and makes them successful again (UK celeb chef btw)

Im sure you wont need him though! Good Luck!
 
Congrats man, thats a good boost for you, if i lived close to where you have that business, i would have came and had some dinner..
 
congratulations...all the best...
 
I agree. You gotta do what you love. I'm sure getting that high score will do great things for your publicity.
 
Yeah, if you were local I'd come with the family and spend some money.

At least I'd know you had a clean restaurant!
 
I would mostly have some alcohol.....with some hot babes
 
Thanks all. Yes there has been several people that came in today mentioning the report so it did get noticed. Only downside to it is it happened right before the holiday weekend so it won't be as good as it could have been.

Nacho I'm in Nashville and it's a BBQ/Sandwich shop. The main focus is BBQ but I do Boars Head sandwiches and salads.

I did say 'almost' all of my names.. haha I still have a stash of mostly local stuff. As far as risk/reward is concerned I've spent the past few years stuck behind a computer panning for gold and it was getting real old. I've been in and out of the restaurant/bar business since sweeping floors in my dads bar as a kid. There wasn't much risk involved really. I walked into a defunct business changed a few things and went with my own product so the start up costs weren't all that bad.

This is a bit of a trial run. The idea is to get the costs in line and do some franchising for an existing company in town. Their main focus has always been geared towards catering and some of their food is sold by a grocery chain in the south. The idea is that the franchises will be maintainable by one or two people. In a sense they will be catered restaurants. Which keeps the overhead low.
 
Started out is always the hardest, I wish you all the success in the world John! ;)


RG
 
Great job...nothing like some Boar's Head in the morning. :hungry:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom