• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

A question for someone who knows what they are doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAS125

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2006
Messages
360
Reaction score
0
Hello all,
most of you already know me, and know that I simply enjoy the buying and selling of names without getting to deep with development and all. I have a question for someone who does know about the development process.
Take this site... www.shoes520.com - I only use this site as I am familiar with it, my point is basicly the layout.
If I own a domain name, how am I to go about and produce a website that would look something like that. I was planing on using a turnkey template, and I just want to know if I can put something like that togheter with one. I really would not know how to put pictures up and such... Maby someone who is really in the mood tonight could give me a little tutorial. Any advice would be greatly apreciated, and I hope my question is clear enough.
Thanks... Nicolas
 
yea, I really find this site annoying and would never buy anything from it. The main page throws me off.

I would focus on a different route I believe in a different post they were talking about making money on affiliate sites there were a couple of sites there with good turnkeys. I will see if I can find the post again, might be a god way to go!
 
Thanks!
Yes, again, I only said the name because I know it by heart.
Forget about the scrolling clocks and banners. What about the 12 pictures posted smack center. With a turnkey template... I will be able to do that? With a navigation bar on the side? Thanks... Nicolas
 
I think bizhosting.com has a turnkey solution to building a store, adding pics etc..from your browser.
 
i cant stand these chinesse websites, that loads half an hour and the site is horrible,

u can use godaddy's ecommerce pack for quick shop setup
 
u can use godaddy's ecommerce pack for quick shop setup
Oh? Could you please direct me to it then...?

Actually...
Im am sorry for not being specific...
Im am actually not planing on having an online store!!!
All I want is a website with such a layout... That bizhosting.com is a great idea, but thats for someone who wants the full deal.
 
1) Buy Dreamweaver or find a free WYSIWYG HTML editor, you should be able to construct it yourself.

or:

2) Start searching for "free templates" and see what you find. However, you'll probably need to edit it after the fact anyway with an HTML editor.
 
why would I want to know the time in Beijing, London, and New york when ordering shoes online?
 
Content baby! lol
 
Search for a hosting company that offers a sitebuilder in the package..
Many hosting companies offer something like RVsitebuilder with their packages, which is a wysiwig option for folks who don't know how to build a site.
Either choose the point and click builder option or use a program like frontpage. It's really not too difficult if you can take a few hours to look over it.
 
I use Photoshop to create a template, you can then slice the image up and add the code in Dreamweaver.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom