Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

about pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the way they treat their customers - "tough - not our problem".
My take is that if the domain is not in your possession you would have the right to do a chargeback, however the consequences of the lost name/service might not be what you want.
Class action is needed to bring them into line!

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whois-Search said:

Ya and if you get no satisfaction, direct that pion to the part in DNJournal's article on pool, where the honcho said they were doing everything to help their customers with the shady registrars they have partnered with.

dax

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Corwin said:
i have the login and password but the problem is the whois record i not linked properly to the domain. So when i try to trasnfer it, the new registrar cannot see the email and can t make the transfer.

While nameview (the catching registrar) just dont answer my email and namescount who share their system with them claim they cannot help me .

this is really a pain!

If your registrar (where you want to transfer the domain) is "user-friendly", write them a letter, and explain the situation. Mention that you agree on all consequences regarding the transfer, and that you take the responsibility for it (it's your domain, so you dont have to worry about that too much).

Then start the transfer at the gaining registrar, but since you cannot confirm the transfer (due to wrong whois data), ask them (support@yourregistrar) to consider it as confirmed (write as mentioned above) and that they push the transfer query to the registry.

PS: Before it all, on NameScout turn the transfer lock off.
In few days (if everything is ok) domain should be transferred without any further confirmations.

I was in the same situation like you, and this worked for me. Maybe it will work for you too.

However, be carefull. When you turn the NameScout lock off, anybody can do the same, and take over your domain. So, do it only if you dont have any way out from this problem.

M

mole

Half the fun with using Pool is catching the name, the other half is getting the winning registrar to give it to you. :-D

When Namescout catches something, its really in safe hands. But when one of Pool's Tonga Island registrars catch it, be prepared to wrestle it away like a juicy bone from an Alaskan bull terrier.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'm confused mole. why is it any different getting it from pool's tonga island registrars? are they holding it for themselves or are they just slow in transfering and verifying?

M

mole

Jeff said:
i'm confused mole. why is it any different getting it from pool's tonga island registrars? are they holding it for themselves or are they just slow in transfering and verifying?

(1) Their whois doesn't want to reflect your whois and/or (2) you have no interphase to manage your domain name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom