Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Adsense ready RSS Aggregator

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Develop tons of your parked sites in minutes and make decent $ with adsense the right way!

This is a custom coded, one of a kind RSS Feed Aggregation scripts with integrated sticky adsense slots.

ScreenShot:
rssfeed.png

Not only can you pick out of thousands of feeds to grab and feature on your site, you could stick to one niche etc and make it an RSS pool of the best news for particular industries.

This script is DB driven but don't worry, I offer installation which takes minutes if you guys need that.

The script has tons of features, like auto update/refresh new stories for feeds, a load more function where the script lets you drop down to see more results from a particular feed and you can then collapse that again for normal viewing.

And the most important feature, ON SITE LOADING PAGES. Meaning clicking on a link doesn't take you to dif pages, or opens tabs or anything, everything loads within the page you're using keeping your traffic/users on YOUR site and not leading them away!

Demo Link :smilewinkgrin: :
http://designerfreaks.com/rss-feed/

The script can be integrated into a site you already have setup, it can be VERY easily styled and incorporated 'into' a template, it's pretty much as flexible as anything you've worked with before.

Think about it, a script that once installed acts like a template with all the content in the world you want, and relevant to your users, updated constantly and they're never led elsewhere...oh yeah, and there's adsense $$$ to be made. You can add affiliate links etc too as you like btw.

I'm selling licenses to use/edit the script but NOT to redistribute.
You can use the script on as many of 'your' sites as you like.
Script cost is a mere $130 payable via paypal.

post sold and I'll get at you via PM as soon as I can :)

UPDATE: Script upgraded and now also accepts atom feeds so you can stream twitter search results for particular hashtags etc!!

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice, but...

One big criticism I see is in your Demo link,

the BACK button is non-functional.

I know there is a close link but it is hard to see and only after three different attempts did I realize that I had to close the new page that came up.

Okay, so that may be just me...but how many users and visitors to the site are so mindset to using a back button rather than running around the page looking for the close button?

Its a turnoff. If your user has to figure out how to use your site, you lost a great portion of your audience. The end game, as you pointed out, is keeping the viewer on your site. But if they can not maneuver around your site with confidence and ease then you just destroyed your objective.

I love the concept and goal of this script but I do not like the usability.

What are your thoughts and why did you make it this way?

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I could simply make the 'close' bottom more prominent, have it as 'close' window. I can even make it so the back button leads to your sites home page, that's not a big deal.

I guess the thing with an rss feed site is people click on a link to see a particular article, then want to go back to click on more articles.

To fix this id just make the close window or close article more prominent!

Doc, thanks for your comment and point, ill fix up the close article button so it's more prominent :)
If you have any ideas on how to better it, it would take me all of a few min to implement those changes, i'm a ninja when it comes to code eh ;)

edit: I could even set the transparency a bit more in terms of the frame that loads with the article in it etc. Lots of options but those are all tweaks anyone can make in the script, 2 second tweaks :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess the thing with an rss feed site is people click on a link to see a particular article, then want to go back to click on more articles.
Bingo!

That is the key. How you design the site and functionality may not be how people want to use the site.

In using your demo link, I actually closed out the site three times and clicked on your demo link again and again.

This is not an optimal scenario you want to offer up to your viewers.

I am not a hard code programmer. I have done many sites using Joomla and learning Wordpress, etc.

So how things work and why they act the way they do I have no clue.

That was just some quick thoughts after looking at your demo site (three times).

I can not recommend this book enough - Don't Make Me Think. This should be required reading for every programmer, web site designer, or anyone who has anything to do with web sites.

The whole point is to make this site as simple and easy as possible to use by your audience. You don't want someone spending their time (typically about 6 seconds or so) trying to figure out how to use your site.

Changing the color, size, impact of close link I am not sure will solve the problem.

Most of these close links in use that I am familiar with are related to these annoying moving ads, pop up ads, and so on. So if you start out utilizing a tool or link often associated with a negative experience, you may be starting out giving a negative impression on first look.

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I want to further educate myself by reading some book haha!! I can't even be offended by such a comment, to me it's hilarious. I'm pretty sure that while you saw the 'close' feature for the window as a negative thing, many wont. Mind you, it all comes down to that one click on the adsense to make a users visit valuable, that's what this script is about too.

However, Noted Doc, I'll implement that change and update the demo, will let you know. Cheers for the input.

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi MikeK, I'd like a license. Let me send details to you, and if you could, set the aggregator up as well. Let me know what you need from me as well.

I've used simple RSS news feeds for additional content but always wondered why there wasnt a ad feeder like the one you are offering was ever offered. Thanks.

Sending Pm with details. Of course, PP info too please.

Later, Wired

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey there Wired, will be more than happy to set it up for you. Will shoot over details right now :)

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you Mike. Great service. and yeah, that was fast. I turned around and it was already set up.

Thanks again, Wired

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Wired, glad you liked the script and as always, glad I could help. Always look forward to working with you again :)

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
two hours later...

I have to say this has already given me overwhelming results in the past couple hours.
Couple things, first, I prefer keeping this tool to myself but due to the respect of the developer; I truly cannot wait for the next tool he offers here. He deserves proper acknowledgement and I am truly impressed.

I have hired many many developers on this board and always expected immediate results but I have always been disappointed. The last developer/designer took over three weeks to show me the template that was to be done in three days; to include SEO but it never ranked...said something that ranking takes a few weeks. :?: Eventually I took that site down and sent to ppc. The money I spent for the site will never be recouped at ppc either.

Here are the results at a ppc provider for last 7 days. And, the other link is what I received in the last two hours, TODAY ONLY.
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8610/123jh.jpg
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2685/1233j.jpg

Yes, these are two hours worth of stats (since I last posted).

The tool, as I continue to understand the benefits, in particular for this URL, I will be receiving the most up-to-date job listings as they are posted on job search areas. Just like a news service receiving realtime news, this tool provides realtime newest job postings. What a tremendous asset to my domain.

And btw, its was ranked almost immediately. :yes:

Thank you again MikeK.

~Wired

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So glad you're satisfied with the script Wired. Means a lot to hear great feedback such as this!

Script sent to Develon and payment received, waiting for the feedback ;).

All PM's replied to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators