Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Advise me on Twitter marketing PLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Of course I know what Twitter is, but until now I have never tried to use it to promote my sites. I'm hoping that some of you that have, can advice me!

I have a browser-based game site, I'm going to give it a fictitious name, let's call it:

Hot Potato :lol:

I've registered the HotPotato twitter account, and I'm adding a Twitter "tweet" button to my site, but I have the option to use any or all of these "tags" in my tweet button:

data-text = "Try my new game, Hot Potato, you'll love it!"
data-url = "http://www.HotPotato.com"
data-via = "HotPotato"
data-hashtags = "HotPotato"

This would result in people, (when they click my "tweet" button), posting the following tweet:

Try my new game, Hot Potato, you'll love it! http://www.HotPotato.com #HotPotato via @HotPotato

My question is, do I really want a URL, a Hashtag, and my Twitter account link in there? Are all three beneficial to me? If the goal is to drive more people to the URL, do I still want to encourage people to use a Hashtag and my Twitter account link, and if so, why? :?:

Thanks for your input! :eek:k:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would change the hashtag to something more search friendly, like game, etc. See the tweets flow in with certain hashtags that best fit your site.

I would say that your username is redundant and unnecessary as your link will contain a link back to your twitter profile somewhere.

By removing your name and shortening your hashtag to a more popular one, you have more characters to mess around with for an enticing tweet that's sure to have a higher CTR.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks David, that is exactly the sort of thing I wanted to know!

So the Hashtag shouldn't really be unique to my site, but rather the general "group" or "topic" of my site?

And the Username is redundant if the aim is to drive people to the URL?

Try my new game, Hot Potato, you'll love it! Some enticing info here... http://www.HotPotato.com #Games

Would everyone else agree with David's advice, that this would be the best use of the "Tweet" button?

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's the idea behind hashtags, to target groups. Get creative too by searching Twitter to see which fits your site best from what other people write and if it updates often, I.e. #boredatwork.

And yes, if you include the username, some may tend to visit your twitter page instead of site.

coast

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can advertise on Twitter directly to send people to your Twitter profile, but you can also use a platform called SponsoredTweets.com (not an affiliate link) to pay people to tweet your link. Twitter has been cracking down on third parties lately, so I don't know how long this service will be available. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators