• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

afternic and offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
4,159
Reaction score
17
last summer, I received an offer on afternic about a name.
after some negotiation, I accepted the offer.
apparently, afternic wasnt able to collect in time, and sent me an email that the user's membership would be terminated, and I could get his/her details If I wished (or something to that extent).
Since they banned him/her, I let it go.

I have since received the same offer from the same member!

I contacted afternic regarding the issue, but never received a reply.

What would you do in this case.
Would you proceed with the offer (the price is 'ok', nothing great, but I am willing to sell at this point, I have minimum offer of a little over the $1200 the offer was made).
The problem is, if I accept, I am bound and cant sell the name elsewhere, and since this member was supposedly terminated, I am a little worried.
and of course no response from afternic doesnt help.

I appreciate any advice.
 
i'm a tad confused- if the member was banned how did they make another offer- they can do that?
 
If you have your self covered, I dont think you should be worried! Afternic protects your money and thats ok...

I also beleive that your acceptance is times, if he/she backsoff again, so be it! you're not loosing a thing.


Rami
 
Hi seeker,

Please feel free to PM me the details of your offer and I can look into this for you right away!

Best regards,
 
sent a PM, thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom