Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Afternic "pending Sale"

ThatAussieBloke

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Has anyone had any experience with Afternic sales? I got a "courtesy email" from afternic with regards a domain name sale yesterday.

My domain name in the afternic dashboard says pending sale (I assume at my buy-it-now price) however I cannot find any other information with regards the sale.

I assume it's pending payment (as the courtesy email says) however it'd be great to know what the usual waiting period for the sale to go through is etc.

I have tried reaching out to them via their twitter account with no luck. It's also interesting that I have 5 notifications in my dashboard at afternic but I can't read them because their website is broken.

Thanks for any info.

Mirza

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It means that they have the buyer and waiting for payment from them.
It could take days or weeks depending on how fast they pay. Once the buyer paid, afternic will wait for a day or two to secure the fund and they will ask you to transfer the name to the buyer's account.
Another day or two for them to disburse the fund after they verify that the name is in the buyer account.

Last edited:

ThatAussieBloke

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Johnn. Yea, I thought so.

This is my first experience with Afternic. I only recently put up my portfolio there.

It's weird that their website is not a little more userfriendly... what with the nonfunctioning notification area, and general ui clutter.

Well here is to hoping my sale goes through.

Thanks again!

ThatAussieBloke

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just an update on this. I was notified by afternic that escrow payment completed ok. Now awaiting buyer info so I can push the domain. Hopefully that goes ok too. Will update the thread when the sale is completed.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom