• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale american spell checker vs english langauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

impressivedomains

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Has anyone had problems with there canadian domains (ie) i have domains with the word adviser in them this is the proper spelling for canada and europe, in america they tend to use advisor witch never was in the oxford english dictionary until recently.I have both versions on most domains,seems financial institutions prefer the advisor version could have something to do with following the american line. colour is another word that comes up should we be worried about the americanization of the english langauge.Newspapers allways use adviser(s) in canada .
 
I've had that problem as well, and try to buy both if availale, favour and favor, that was a tough one for me :) . I would think the English version should be used, but what would I know ;)

Great point though.
 
Although officially, Canada uses the UK standard, in practice it's more of a hybrid of both here, given our close proximity to everything american...

But I would take the "our" over the "or" for .ca's. (colour vs color)

I personally spell advisor with an or, it just seems somewhat off with an er. Another confusing one sometimes is ence vs ense as in licence and license
 
Ok, so I feel bad about favour.ca and good about onlineadvisor.ca . LOL. Thanks bro. Neutralizing hehe.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom