• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

An ENIGMA - any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsh

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
I have a question, a puzzle really. out of about 50 .info's I have - many of them geographically-based concepts, one is getting a ton of traffic. and it happened spontaneously without any promotion of the name. any ideas as to why this might happen. oh, it's on a parked page, by the way.
 
The same has happened to me. I have a first name .info which received a lot of traffic. I registered it when it dropped. Backlinks maybe?
 
Brings up the old chestnut about hosting your own domains and redirecting them to your parking provider, so that you can keep your own stats. Strange stuff.
 
Same here ...except i dont get any clicks ...
 
Brings up the old chestnut about hosting your own domains and redirecting them to your parking provider, so that you can keep your own stats. Strange stuff.

But then you get nosy people who check up your server ip to take a look at your domain portfolio!
 
Same here ...except i dont get any clicks ...

Same here. I got couple of them that bring in about 50 a day, and some days, one of them just got 10 times more traffic.
 
About 3 weeks ago, one of my 3 letter .INFOs went from about 1 visitor/day/avg to about 500 per day. It's about 80% from Russia, the 20% countries bordering Russia. They don't click ads often, they are clicking enough to earn me $50 more/day in Adense. It makes no sense, nut I'm not complaining. I'm guessing it will stop as quickly as it started.
 
that's some weird thing going on.... it has happened to me, specially with this domain it use ot have 0 visits, now suddenly I get 100 visitors a day, and its been increasing in the last week, and the strangest thing is I don't have a single click yet :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom