• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

another appraisal scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdss

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2006
Messages
417
Reaction score
0
People beware of this guys: e mail id : [email protected]

1,000 USD. Ok.

Do you sell the name only without web site? I'm interested in the name so web site is not so important.

Do you have an appraisal certificates for your domain names? As fas I know it's a common practice to show appraisal of domain name (even without traffic and web site) before doing business.

Without appraisal I risk to overpay. In other words I won't be able to make a profit on reselling this name. It's very important for you and me to know the current market value of your domains.

Of course, we must be sure that you are engaging an appraisal company with REAL manual service. I heard many appraisal companies often made inaccurate auto-generated appraisals. I will only accept appraisals from independent sources I trust. To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies in a forum
http://**********.ourplace.com/Archive/397516.htm

Just check this posting.

If the appraisal comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. I also hope you can give me 10% - 15% discount of the appraised value.

After I get an appraisal from you we'll continue our negotiations.

How do you prefer to get paid: www.escrow.com, www.PayPal.com check or wire?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Abram Connelly
CEO
FJO Solutions

I was surprised when he agreed to the $1000 price for the domain.
Well it was anywyaz too good to be true.
 
Just a new identity :)...same old format!
 
It's the same script these Russians are running for some years right now.
 
When you get a letter from a "CEO" that's a sign the offer is a scam.
 
Yeah I had very similar one just few weeks ago on my BCTJ.com offered me $20,000 then asked to get it appraised it from so called CEO of TGA from some free email account service. After I asked him many times to get his contact info and for him to call me he stopped responding.. I knew it was garbage as soon as he offered $20,000 like it was nothing. :)
 
Is it even a news? LoL! It's been on and on and on for so many years and you guys still find this new?
 
If you really wanted to get back at the person you should get tons of people to sign up for an appraisal and do a chargeback with the credit card company. The person's chargeback ratio will skyrocket and his merchant account will charge him penalties per chargeback and/or raise his rates.
 
If you really wanted to get back at the person you should get tons of people to sign up for an appraisal and do a chargeback with the credit card company. The person's chargeback ratio will skyrocket and his merchant account will charge him penalties per chargeback and/or raise his rates.

nice idea jdk
 
If you really wanted to get back at the person you should get tons of people to sign up for an appraisal and do a chargeback with the credit card company. The person's chargeback ratio will skyrocket and his merchant account will charge him penalties per chargeback and/or raise his rates.

If he is lying and cheating, he probably has fraudulent credit card accts too
 
nice idea jdk

I do not think many people want to risk their credit & possible denial of chargeback.

Just noticed... Ourplace.com is being redirected to insider.com.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom